Mitigating carbon emission through economic instruments: An Indian Perspective
The paper has two objectives. One, to analyse the pattern of energy usage in India and the implications thereof for carbon emission; two, to examine whether pricing and taxation policies have any role to play in mitigating carbon emissions. It is shown that the pattern of energy usage exhibits a shift towards non-coal based energy products. It also suggests that the reduction in carbon emissions is not sufficient to warrant the use of carbon taxation for mitigating emissions. [NCAER WP 96].
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|Date of creation:||Dec 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (91-11) 331-7860
Fax: (91-11) 332-7164
Web page: http://www.ncaer.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baranzini, Andrea & Goldemberg, Jose & Speck, Stefan, 2000. "A future for carbon taxes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 395-412, March.
- Munasinghe,Mohan & Meier,Peter, 1993. "Energy Policy Analysis and Modelling," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521363266.
- Bach, Stefan & Kohlhaas, Michael & Meyer, Bernd & Praetorius, Barbara & Welsch, Heinz, 2002. "The effects of environmental fiscal reform in Germany: a simulation study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 803-811, July.
- de Oliveira, Adilson & Skea, Jim, 1989. "Global warming -- time for a cool look," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 543-546, December.
- Bruce, Neil & Ellis, Gregory M., 1993. "Environmental taxes and policies for developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1177, The World Bank.
- Dinar, A. & Mendelsohn, R. & Evenson, R. & Parikh, J. & Sanghi, A. & Kumar, K. & McKinsey, J. & Lonergen, S., 1998. "Measuring the Impact of CLimate Change on Indian Agriculture," Papers 402, World Bank - Technical Papers.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nca:ncaerw:96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (B.B. Chand)The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask B.B. Chand to update the entry or send us the correct address
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.