The Multinational Corporation and the Global Sourcing of Knowledge: Remodeling Absorptive Capacity
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Constantina Kottaridi & Marina Papanastassiou & Christos Pitelis & Dimitrios Thomakos, 2007. "The Multinational Corporation and the global sourcing of knowledge: Remodeling absorptive capacity," Working Papers 008, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Julian Birkinshaw, 1996. "How Multinational Subsidiary Mandates are Gained and Lost," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 27(3), pages 467-495, September.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J. Peter, 2007.
"Absorptive capacity, R&D spillovers, and public policy,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 1089-1108, October.
- Dermot Leahy & J. Peter Neary, 2004. "Absorptive capacity, R&D spillovers, and public policy," Working Papers 200418, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Leahy, Dermot & Neary, J Peter, 2004. "Absorptive Capacity, R&D Spillovers and Public Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4171, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Walter Kuemmerle, 1999. "The Drivers of Foreign Direct Investment into Research and Development: An Empirical Investigation," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 30(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Ivarsson, Inge & Jonsson, Thommy, 2003. "Local technological competence and asset-seeking FDI: an empirical study of manufacturing and wholesale affiliates in Sweden," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 369-386, June.
- Cantwell, John & Janne, Odile, 1999. "Technological globalisation and innovative centres: the role of corporate technological leadership and locational hierarchy1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 119-144, March.
- Kamien, Morton I. & Zang, Israel, 2000. "Meet me halfway: research joint ventures and absorptive capacity," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(7), pages 995-1012, October.
- Tobias Schmidt, 2010.
"Absorptive capacity-one size fits all? A firm-level analysis of absorptive capacity for different kinds of knowledge,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(1), pages 1-18.
- Schmidt, Tobias, 2005. "Absorptive Capacity: One Size Fits All? Firm-level Analysis of Absorptive Capacity for Different Kinds of Knowledge," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-72, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Tobias Schmidt, 2005. "Absorptive Capacity – One Size Fits All? A Firm-level Analysis of Absorptive Capacity for Different Kinds of Knowledge," Industrial Organization 0510010, EconWPA.
- van den Bosch, F.A.J. & van Wijk, R.A.J.L. & Volberda, H.W., 2003. "Absorptive Capacity: Antecedents, Models and Outcomes," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2003-035-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Mowery, David C & Oxley, Joanne E, 1995. "Inward Technology Transfer and Competitiveness: The Role of National Innovation Systems," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 67-93, February.
- John H Dunning & Christos N Pitelis, 2008. "Stephen Hymer's contribution to international business scholarship: an assessment and extension," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(1), pages 167-176, January.
- Hirsch, Seev, 1976. "An International Trade and Investment Theory of the Firm," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(2), pages 258-270, July.
- Veugelers, Reinhilde, 1997. "Internal R & D expenditures and external technology sourcing," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 303-315, October.
- Patel, Pari & Vega, Modesto, 1999. "Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 145-155, March.
- Pitelis, Christos (ed.), 2002. "The Growth of the Firm: The Legacy of Edith Penrose," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199248520.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pitelis, Christos, 2009. "Foreign direct investment and economic integration," MPRA Paper 23938, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christos N. Pitelis, 2011. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Integration," Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Integration, Volume III, chapter 1 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:spr:manint:v:49:y:2009:i:1:d:10.1007_s11575-008-0127-4 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsMultinational Corporation; absorptive capacity; subsidiaries; knowledge;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esr:wpaper:dynreg35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Burns). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/esriiie.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.