Satisficing or Optimizing? - An Experimental Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Werner G, th & Bezalel Peleg, 2001. "When will payoff maximization survive? An indirect evolutionary analysis," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(5), pages 479-499.
- Werner Güth & Gerlinde Fellner & Ev Martin, 2006. "Task Transcending Satisficing - An Experimental Study," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-09, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Gerlinde Fellner & Werner Güth & Boris Maciejovsky, 2005. "Satisficing in Financial Decision Making A Theoretical and Experimental Attempt to Explore Bounded Rationality," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Werner Güth, 2006. "Satisficing in Portfolio Selection - Theoretical Aspects and Experimental Tests," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2006-16, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Sergey Malakhov, 2014.
"Satisficing Decision Procedure and Optimal Consumption-Leisure Choice,"
International Journal of Social Science Research,
Macrothink Institute, vol. 2(2), pages 138-151, September.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2012. "Satisficing decision procedure and optimal consumption-leisure choice," MPRA Paper 38964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:82:y:2018:i:c:p:127-140 is not listed on IDEAS
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Werner Güth & M. Vittoria Levati & Jianying Qiu, 2006.
"Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence,"
Papers on Strategic Interaction
2006-32, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Siegfried Berninghaus & Werner G?th & M. Vittoria Levati & Jianying Qiu, 2009. "Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence," Working Papers 2009-14, Faculty of Economics and Statistics, University of Innsbruck.
- Berninghaus, Siegrfried K. & Güth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Qiu, Jianying, 2007. "Satisficing in sales competition : experimental evidence," Papers 07-03, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Berninghaus, Siegfried K. & Gueth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria & Qiu, Jianying, 2007. "Satisficing in sales competition: experimental evidence," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 07-03, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Schwartz, Hugh, 2008. "The role of aspirations and aspirations adaptation in explaining satisficing and bounded rationality," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 949-957, June.
- Malakhov, Sergey, 2012.
"К Вопросу О Возможности Синтеза Концепции Удовлетворяющего Поиска И Неоклассической Доктрины
[A note on the synthesis of the satisficing concept and the neoclassical theory]," MPRA Paper 49494, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Morone, Andrea & Sandri, Serena & Fiore, Annamaria, 2009. "On the absorbability of informational cascades in the laboratory," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 728-738, October.
More about this item
KeywordsTheory absorption; Satisficing behavior; Portfolio selection;
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-07-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2006-07-09 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2006-07-09 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2006-07-09 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-FIN-2006-07-09 (Finance)
- NEP-HPE-2006-07-09 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2006-07-09 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2006-07-09 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:esi:discus:2006-11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Karin Richter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mpiewde.html .