Is There an Arab Variety of Capitalism?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Raj M. Desai & Anders Olofsgård & Tarik M. Yousef, 2009. "The Logic Of Authoritarian Bargains," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 93-125, March.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2007. "Business Groups in Emerging Markets: Paragons or Parasites?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(2), pages 331-372, June.
- Bodor, Andras & Robalino, David & Rutkowski, Michal, 2008. "How Mandatory Pensions Affect Labor Supply Decisions and Human Capital Accumulation? Options to Bridge the Gap between Economic Theory and Policy Analysis," MPRA Paper 12046, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Diwan,Ishac & Keefer,Philip E. & Schiffbauer,Marc Tobias, 2015. "Pyramid capitalism : political connections, regulation, and firm productivity in Egypt," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7354, The World Bank.
- Rijkers, Bob & Freund, Caroline & Nucifora, Antonio, 2017.
"All in the family: State capture in Tunisia,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 41-59.
- Freund,Caroline & Nucifora,Antonio & Rijkers,Bob, 2014. "All in the family : state capture in Tunisia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6810, The World Bank.
- Bob Rijkers & Caroline Freund & Antonio Nucifora, 2014. "All in the Family : State Capture in Tunisia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20542, The World Bank.
- Roberta Gatti & Matteo Morgandi & Rebekka Grun & Stefanie Brodmann & Diego Angel-Urdinola & Juan Manuel Moreno & Daniela Marotta & Marc Schiffbauer & Elizabeth Mata Lorenzo, 2013. "Jobs for Shared Prosperity : Time for Action in the Middle East and North Africa," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13284.
- Galli, Rossana & Kucera, David, 2004. "Labor Standards and Informal Employment in Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(5), pages 809-828, May.
- Assaad, Ragui, 1997.
"The Effects of Public Sector Hiring and Compensation Policies on the Egyptian Labor Market,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 85-118, January.
- Ragui Assaad, 1995. "The Effects of Public Sector Hiring and Compensation Policies on the Egyptian Labor Market," Working Papers 9517, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Oct 1995.
- Tarik M. Yousef, 2004. "Development, Growth and Policy Reform in the Middle East and North Africa since 1950," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 18(3), pages 91-115, Summer.
- Matteo Morgandi & Joana Silva & Victoria Levin, 2012.
"Inclusion and Resilience : The Way Forward for Social Safety Nets in the Middle East and North Africa, OVERVIEW
[Inclusion et résistance aux chocs : Perspectives pour l’assistance sociale au Moyen-," World Bank Other Operational Studies 12261, The World Bank.
- Amin, Magdi & Assaad, Ragui & al-Baharna, Nazar & Dervis, Kemal & Desai, Raj M. & Dhillon, Navtej S. & Galal, Ahmed & Ghanem, Hafez & Graham, Carol & Kaufmann, Daniel, 2012. "After the Spring: Economic Transitions in the Arab World," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199924929.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2017-03-12 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-HME-2017-03-12 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:erg:wpaper:1068. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sherine Ghoneim). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/erfaceg.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.