Labor Standards and Informal Employment in Latin America
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dani Rodrik, 1998.
"Democracies Pay Higher Wages,"
NBER Working Papers
6364, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 2000.
"Labor Market Reforms and Their Impact on Formal Labor Demand and Job Market Turnover: The Case of Peru,"
IDB Publications (Working Papers)
43058, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Jaime Saavedra-Chanduví & Máximo Torero, 2000. "Labor Market Reforms and Their Impact on Formal Labor Demand and Job Market Turnover: The Case of Peru," Research Department Publications 3095, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Toke Aidt & Zafiris Tzannatos, 2002. "Unions and Collective Bargaining : Economic Effects in a Global Environment," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15241.
- Marcouiller, Douglas & Ruiz de Castilla, Veronica & Woodruff, Christopher, 1997.
"Formal Measures of the Informal-Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(2), pages 367-92, January.
- Douglas Marcouiller, S.J. & Veronica Ruiz de Castilla & Christopher Woodruff, 1995. "Formal Measures of the Informal Sector Wage Gap in Mexico, El Salvador, and Peru," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 294., Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur, 2001.
"Wage Differentials and Mobility in the Urban Labor Market: A Panel Data Analysis for Mexico,"
IZA Discussion Papers
329, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gong, Xiaodong & van Soest, Arthur, 2002. "Wage differentials and mobility in the urban labour market: a panel data analysis for Mexico," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 513-529, September.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil, 2001.
"The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance,"
Research Department Publications
3124, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil, 2004. "The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance," NBER Chapters, in: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean, pages 273-350 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francisco Carneiro & Andrew Henley, 1998. "Wage determination in Brazil: The growth of union bargaining power and informal employment," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 117-138.
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2000.
"The global labour standards controversy: critical issues for developing countries,"
53480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ajit Singh & Ann Zammit, 2014. "The Global Labour Standards Controversy: Critical Issues for Developing Countries," Working Papers id:5908, eSocialSciences.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & James J. Heckman, 2000.
"The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets,"
Research Department Publications
4227, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- James J. Heckman & Carmen Pages, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 7773, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Pagés-Serra & James J. Heckman, 2000. "The Cost of Job Security Regulation: Evidence from Latin American Labor Markets," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 4119, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Hugo A. Hopenhayn, 2001. "Labor Market Policies and Employment Duration: The Effects of Labor Market Reform in Argentina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 43178, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E, 2002. "Participation and Development: Perspectives from the Comprehensive Development Paradigm," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 163-82, June.
- Jaime Saavedra & Alberto Chong, 1999. "Structural reform, institutions and earnings: Evidence from the formal and informal sectors in urban Peru," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 95-116.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:32:y:2004:i:5:p:809-828. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.