The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance
The objective of this paper is to identify whether the prevailing Brazilian labor market regulations, largely the result of the 1988 constitutional change, have any impact on labor market performance. To reach this objective we explore alternative methodologies, sources of information and measures of labor market performance.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2001|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 1300 New York Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20577|
Web page: http://www.iadb.org/res
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Macedo, Roberto, 1985. "Diferenciais de salários entre empresas privadas e estatais no Brasil," Revista Brasileira de Economia - RBE, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 39(4), October.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil & Gustavo Gonzaga, 1999.
"Labor market regulations and the demand for labor in Brazil,"
Textos para discussão
398, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil & Gustavo Gonzaga, 2015. "Labor Market Regulations and the Demand for Labor in Brazil," Discussion Papers 0084, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1993. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996. "Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:idb:wpaper:3124. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Felipe Herrera Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.