Wages and employment by skill level in Southern and Eastern Europe during the crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gatti, Domenico Delli & Gallegati, Mauro & Greenwald, Bruce C. & Russo, Alberto & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2012. "Mobility constraints, productivity trends, and extended crises," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 375-393.
- Guy Michaels & Ashwini Natraj & John Van Reenen, 2010.
"Has ICT Polarized Skill Demand? Evidence from Eleven Countries over 25 years,"
NBER Working Papers
16138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaels, Guy & Natraj, Ashwini & Van Reenen, John, 2010. "Has ICT Polarized Skill Demand? Evidence from Eleven Countries over 25 years," CEPR Discussion Papers 7898, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michaels, Guy & Natraj, Ashwini & Van Reenen, John, 2010. "Has ICT polarized skill demand?: evidence from eleven countries over 25 Years," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 28739, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michaels, Guy & Natraj, Ashwini & Van Reenen, John, 2014. "Has ICT polarized skill demand? Evidence from eleven countries over 25 years," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 46830, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Guy Michaels & Ashwini Natraj & John Van Reenen, 2010. "Has ICT Polarized Skill Demand? Evidence from Eleven Countries over 25 Years," CEP Discussion Papers dp0987, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Nebojsa Stojcic & Iraj Hashi & Shqiponja Telhaj, 2013. "Restructuring and Competitiveness," Eastern European Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(4), pages 84-107, July.
- Elisabetta Croci Angelini & Francesco Farina, 2007. "Technological choices under institutional constraints: measuring the impact on earnings dispersion," Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID) University of Siena 006, Department of Economic Policy, Finance and Development (DEPFID), University of Siena.
- Valentini, Enzo & Arlotti, Marco & Compagnucci, Fabiano & Gentili, Andrea & Muratore, Fabrizio & Gallegati, Mauro, 2017. "Technical change, sectoral dislocation and barriers to labor mobility: Factors behind the great recession," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 187-215.
- Ms. Anastasia Guscina, 2006. "Effects of Globalization on Labor’s Share in National Income," IMF Working Papers 2006/294, International Monetary Fund.
- Josef C Brada & Marcello Signorelli, 2012. "Comparing Labor Market Performance: Some Stylized Facts and Key Findings," Comparative Economic Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Association for Comparative Economic Studies, vol. 54(2), pages 231-250, June.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1993. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guy Michaels & Ashwini Natraj & John Van Reenen, 2014. "Has ICT Polarized Skill Demand? Evidence from Eleven Countries over Twenty-Five Years," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 96(1), pages 60-77, March.
- Giorgio Galeazzi & Daniel S. Hamermesh (ed.), 1993. "Dynamic Labor Demand And Adjustment Costs," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 551.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pantea, Smaranda & Sabadash, Anna & Biagi, Federico, 2017. "Are ICT displacing workers in the short run? Evidence from seven European countries," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 36-44.
- Elisabetta Croci Angelini & Francesco Farina & Enzo Valentini, 2020. "Wage and employment by skill levels in technological evolution of South and East Europe," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 30(5), pages 1497-1514, November.
- Schulte, Patrick, 2015. "Does skill-biased technical change diffuse internationally?," ZEW Discussion Papers 15-088, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Marelli Enrico & Sciulli Dario & Signorelli Marcello, 2014.
"Skill mismatch of graduates in a local labour market,"
Экономика региона, CyberLeninka;Федеральное государственное бюджетное учреждение науки «Институт экономики Уральского отделения Российской академии наук», issue 2, pages 181-194.
- Enrico Marelli & Dario Sciulli & Marcello Signorelli, 2014. "Skill Mismatch of Graduates in a Local Labour Market," Economy of region, Centre for Economic Security, Institute of Economics of Ural Branch of Russian Academy of Sciences, vol. 1(2), pages 181-194.
- Chen Yu-Fu & Funke Michael, 2004.
"Working Time and Employment Under Uncertainty,"
Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-23, September.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke, 2002. "Working Time and Employment under Uncertainty," CESifo Working Paper Series 732, CESifo.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke, 2002. "Working Time and Employment under Uncertainty," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 134, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Yu-Fu Chen & Michael Funke, 2004. "Working Time and Employment under Uncertainty," Quantitative Macroeconomics Working Papers 20409, Hamburg University, Department of Economics.
- Dale Jorgenson & Mun Ho & Jon Samuels, 2019. "Educational Intensity and the Sources of, and Prospects for, U.S. Economic Growth," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 36, pages 161-186, Spring.
- Vahagn Jerbashian, 2019.
"Automation and Job Polarization: On the Decline of Middling Occupations in Europe,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 81(5), pages 1095-1116, October.
- Vahagn Jerbashian, 2016. "Automation and Job Polarization: On the Decline of Middling Occupations in Europe," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp576, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
- Vahagn Jerbashian, 2016. "Automation and Job Polarization: On the Decline of Middling Occupations in Europe," UB Economics Working Papers 2016/348, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB School of Economics.
- Ekaterina Prytkova, 2021. "ICT's Wide Web: a System-Level Analysis of ICT's Industrial Diffusion with Algorithmic Links," Jena Economic Research Papers 2021-005, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Katharina Längle, 2020. "Offshoring: What Consequences for Workers? Evidence from Global Value Chains," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 20005, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Taiji Furusawa & Hideo Konishi & Duong Lam Anh Tran, 2020. "International Trade and Income Inequality," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 122(3), pages 993-1026, July.
- David J. Deming, 2017.
"The Growing Importance of Social Skills in the Labor Market,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 132(4), pages 1593-1640.
- David J. Deming, 2015. "The Growing Importance of Social Skills in the Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 21473, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Marin & Francesco Vona, 2019. "Climate policies and skill-biased employment dynamics: evidence from EU countries: Evidence from EU countries," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/2vteelu0n78, Sciences Po.
- Wojciech Hardy & Roma Keister & Piotr Lewandowski, 2016.
"Technology or Upskilling? Trends in the Task Composition of Jobs in Central and Eastern Europe,"
HKUST IEMS Working Paper Series
2016-40, HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies, revised Dec 2016.
- Wojciech Hardy & Roma Keister & Piotr Lewandowski, 2016. "Technology Or Upskilling? Trends In The Task Composition Of Jobs In Central And Eastern Europe," IBS Working Papers 01/2016, Instytut Badan Strukturalnych.
- Stefan Thewissen & Olaf Vliet & Chen Wang, 2018. "Taking the Sector Seriously: Data, Developments, and Drivers of Intrasectoral Earnings Inequality," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 1023-1048, August.
- David Kunst, 2019. "Deskilling among Manufacturing Production Workers," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 19-050/VI, Tinbergen Institute, revised 30 Dec 2020.
- Autor, David & Dorn, David & Hanson, Gordon, 2017. "When Work Disappears: Manufacturing Decline and the Falling Marriage-Market Value of Men," CEPR Discussion Papers 11878, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lucas van der Velde, 2017. "Phasing out: routine tasks and retirement," GRAPE Working Papers 23, GRAPE Group for Research in Applied Economics.
- Eduardo Lora & Mauricio Olivera, 1998.
"Macro Policy and Employment Problems in Latin America,"
Research Department Publications
4116, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Lora, Eduardo & Olivera, Mauricio, 2011. "Macro Policy and Employment Problems in Latin America," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 6077, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Maurizio Conti & Leandro Elia & Antonella Rita Ferrara & Massimiliano Ferraresi, 2020. "Government late payments and firms survival. Evidence from the EU," Working papers 87, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Gagliardi, Luisa, 2019. "The impact of foreign technological innovation on domestic employment via the industry mix," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 1523-1533.
More about this item
KeywordsTechnical change; Labour; Skill premium; Country studies;
All these keywords.
- O33 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EEC-2017-12-11 (European Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:glodps:153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/glabode.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.