The Impact of Regulations on Brazilian Labor Market Performance
In: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean
The objective of this paper is to identify whether the prevailing Brazilian labor market regulations, largely the result of the 1988 constitutional change, have any impact on labor market performance. To reach this objective we explore alternative methodologies, sources of information and measures of labor market performance.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc in its series NBER Chapters with number
10072.||Handle:|| RePEc:nbr:nberch:10072||Contact details of provider:|| Postal: National Bureau of Economic Research, 1050 Massachusetts Avenue Cambridge, MA 02138, U.S.A.|
Web page: http://www.nber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1993. "Labor Demand and the Source of Adjustment Costs," NBER Working Papers 4394, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & Gerard A. Pfann, 1996.
"Adjustment Costs in Factor Demand,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 34(3), pages 1264-1292, September.
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil & Gustavo Gonzaga, 1999.
"Labor market regulations and the demand for labor in Brazil,"
Textos para discussão
398, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Ricardo Paes de Barros & Carlos Henrique Corseuil & Gustavo Gonzaga, 2015. "Labor Market Regulations and the Demand for Labor in Brazil," Discussion Papers 0084, Instituto de Pesquisa Econômica Aplicada - IPEA.
- Macedo, Roberto, 1985. "Diferenciais de salários entre empresas privadas e estatais no Brasil," Revista Brasileira de Economia, FGV/EPGE Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil), vol. 39(4), October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:10072. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.