Static and dynamic poverty in Spain, 1993-2000
We focus on the statics and dynamics of poverty in Spain using data from the first eight waves of the European Community Household Panel from 1994 to 2001, a period not sufficiently covered by recent literature. The results confirm the pattern of poverty changes noted by other authors for the early nineteen-nineties. After this period poverty reduces slightly in incidence and intensity, but 2000 is the turning point. In the dynamic perspective, the pattern revealed is one of much mobility, but most of it short-range.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: LSE Library Portugal Street London, WC2A 2HD, U.K.|
Phone: +44 (020) 7405 7686
Web page: http://www.lse.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, James D & Morgan James N, 1970. "Variability of Economic Well-being and Its Determinants," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(2), pages 286-95, May.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Differences in Needs and Assessment of Income Distributions," Bulletin of Economic Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 77-124, April.
- Olga Cantó, 2003. "Finding out the Routes to Escape Poverty: The Relevance of Demographic vs. Labor Market Events in Spain," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 49(4), pages 569-588, December.
- Marta Pascual & José María Sarabia, . "Factores Determinantes De La Distribución Personal De La Renta: Un Estudio Empírico A Partir Del Phogue," Working Papers 15-04 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Duncan, Greg J, et al, 1993. "Poverty Dynamics in Eight Countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 215-34.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Mercarder-Prats, Magda, 1996.
"Household Needs and Poverty: with Application to Spain and the UK,"
Cahiers de recherche
9614, Université Laval - Département d'économique.
- Duclos, Jean-Yves & Mercader-Prats, Magda, 1999. "Household Needs and Poverty: With Application to Spain and the U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 45(1), pages 77-98, March.
- Duclos, J.Y. & Mercader-Prats, M., 1996. "Household Needs and Poverty: With Application to Spain and the UK," Papers 9614, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Olga Cantó & Coral del Río & Carlos Gradín, . "Poverty Statics And Dynamics: Does The Accounting Period Matter?," Working Papers 22-02 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Ayala, Luis & Sastre, Mercedes, 2002. "What determines income mobility differences across the European Union?," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-27, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1999.
"Climbing out of Poverty, Falling Back in: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty Over Multiple Spells,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 34(3), pages 557-588.
- Ann Huff Stevens, 1995. "Climbing Out of Poverty, Falling Back In: Measuring the Persistence of Poverty over Multiple Spells," NBER Working Papers 5390, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-66, May.
- Bruce Headey & Peter Krause & Roland Habich, 1994. "Long and short term poverty: Is Germany a two-thirds society?," Social Indicators Research- An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2000. "Modelling household income dynamics," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 529-567.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ehl:lserod:2678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (LSERO Manager)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.