Is There a Trade-Off Between Economic Efficiency and a Generous Welfare State? A Comparison of Best Cases of `The Three Worlds of Welfare Capitalism’
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Headey, Bruce & Goodin, Robert E. & Muffels, Ruud & Dirven, Henk-Jan, 1997. "Welfare Over Time: Three Worlds of Welfare Capitalism in Panel Perspective," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 17(03), pages 329-359, September.
- Coulter, Fiona A E & Cowell, Frank A & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1992. "Equivalence Scale Relativities and the Extent of Inequality and Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(414), pages 1067-1082, September.
- Buhmann, Brigitte, et al, 1988. "Equivalence Scales, Well-Being, Inequality, and Poverty: Sensitivity Estimates across Ten Countries Using the Luxembourg Income Study (LIS) Database," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 34(2), pages 115-142, June.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & John G. Poupore, 1997. "A Cross-National Comparison Of Permanent Inequality In The United States And Germany," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(1), pages 10-17, February.
- Stevens, Ann Huff, 1994. "The Dynamics of Poverty Spells: Updating Bane and Ellwood," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 34-37, May.
- Harding, Ann, 1993. "Lifetime vs Annual Tax-Transfer Incidence: How Much Less Progressive?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 69(205), pages 179-191, June.
- Duncan, Greg J & Gustafsson, Bjorn & Hauser, Richard & Schmauss, Gunther & Messinger, Hans & Muffels, Ruud & Nolan, Brian, 1993. "Poverty Dynamics in Eight Countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 215-234.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bettina Isengard & Thorsten Schneider, 2006. "The euro and its perception in the German population," Discussion Papers 011, Europa-Universität Flensburg, International Institute of Management.
- Ruud Muffels & Didier Fouarge, 2004.
"The Role of European Welfare States in Explaining Resources Deprivation,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 299-330, September.
- Muffels, Ruud & Fouarge, Didier, 2003. "The Role of European Welfare States in Explaining Resources Deprivation," MPRA Paper 13299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bruce Headey & Stephen Headey & Ruud Muffels & Carla Janssen, 2004. "Who Enjoys the Fruits of Growth? Impact of Governments and Markets on Living Standards in Germany, The Netherlands and the U.S.A., 1987–1996," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 65(2), pages 125-144, January.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:66:y:2017:i:c:p:119-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bettina Isengard & Thorsten Schneider, 2007. "Attitudes Towards The Euro: An Empirical Study Based On The German Socio-Economic Panel (Soep)," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 82(1), pages 35-56, May.
- Ding, Hong, 2012. "Economic growth and welfare state: a debate of econometrics," MPRA Paper 39685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muffels, Ruud & Fouarge, Didier & Dekker, Ronald, 2000. "Longitudinal Poverty and Income Inequality A Comparative Panel Study for The Netherlands, Germany and the UK," MPRA Paper 13298, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samia BENALLAH & Carole BONNET & Claire El MOUDDEN & Antoine MATH, 2012.
"Comment Mesurer La "Générosité" Des Systèmes De Retraite ? Une Application Aux Pays De La Méditerranée,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 35, pages 215-234.
- Claire El Moudden & Samia Benallah & Carole Bonnet & Antoine Math, 2012. "Comment mesurer la "générosité" des systèmes de retraite ? Une application aux pays de la méditerranée," Post-Print halshs-00742816, HAL.
- Tim Krieger & Daniel Meierrieks, 2010. "Terrorism in the Worlds of Welfare Capitalism," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 54(6), pages 902-939, December.
- James Alm & Ali Enami, 2017. "Do Government Subsidies to Low-income Individuals Affect Interstate Migration? Evidence from the Massachusetts Health Care Reform," Working Papers 1703, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- Fouarge, Didier & Muffels, Ruud, 2000. "Persistent poverty in the Netherlands, Germany and the UK," MPRA Paper 13297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Filip Chybalski, 2016. "The Multidimensional Efficiency of Pension System: Definition and Measurement in Cross-Country Studies," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 128(1), pages 15-34, August.
- Ding, Hong, 2012. "Unemployment and Welfare State: What do the Data Tell Us?," MPRA Paper 41921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lubomira Anastassova & Teodora Paligorova, 2005. "Why Immigrants Manage to Grab More SocialBenefits? Empirical Cross - Country Analysis," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp263, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:soinre:v:50:y:2000:i:2:p:115-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.