Poverty and psychological distress in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruud Muffels & Didier Fouarge, 2004.
"The Role of European Welfare States in Explaining Resources Deprivation,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 68(3), pages 299-330, September.
- Muffels, Ruud & Fouarge, Didier, 2003. "The Role of European Welfare States in Explaining Resources Deprivation," MPRA Paper 13299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kyung Kim & Daniel Mueller, 2001. "To Balance or not to Balance: Confirmatory Factor Analysis of the Affect-Balance Scale," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 289-306, September.
- Stutzer, Alois, 2004.
"The role of income aspirations in individual happiness,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 89-109, May.
- Alois Stutzer, "undated". "The Role of Income Aspirations in Individual Happiness," IEW - Working Papers 124, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Nikolai Genov, 1998. "Transformation and Anomie: Problems of Quality of Life in Bulgaria," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 43(1), pages 197-209, February.
- Ed Diener & Robert Biswas-Diener, 2002. "Will Money Increase Subjective Well-Being?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 57(2), pages 119-169, February.
- Jishnu Das & Quy-Toan Do & Jed Friedman & David McKenzie, 2008.
"Mental Health Patterns and Consequences: Results from Survey Data in Five Developing Countries,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 23(1), pages 31-55, August.
- Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie,David, 2008. "Mental health patterns and consequences : results from survey data in five developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4495, The World Bank.
- Atkinson, A B, 1987. "On the Measurement of Poverty," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 749-764, July.
- Streeten, Paul & ,, 1982. "First Things First: Meeting Basic Human Needs in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195203691.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 1991. "Is happiness relative?," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 24(1), pages 1-34, February.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Issues in Measuring and Modelling Poverty," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1328-1343, September.
- Leonardo Gasparini & Walter Sosa Escudero & Mariana Marchionni & Sergio Olivieri, 2008. "Income, Deprivation, and Perceptions in Latin America and the Caribbean: New Evidence from the Gallup World Poll," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 45618, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Thomas Bulmahn, 2000. "Modernity and Happiness – The Case of Germany," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 375-399, September.
- Namazie, Ceema & Sanfey, Peter, 2001.
"Happiness and Transition: The Case of Kyrgyzstan,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 392-405, October.
- Ceema Namazie & Peter Sanfey, 1998. "Happiness in Transition: The Case of Kyrgyzstan," Studies in Economics 9808, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Namazie, Ceema & Sanfey, Peter, 1998. "Happiness in transition: the case of Kyrgyzstan," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6591, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Ceema Zahra Namazie & Peter Sanfey, 1998. "Happiness in Transition: The Case of Kyrgyzstan," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 40, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Joaquina Lever & Nuria Piñol & Jorge Uralde, 2005. "Poverty, Psychological Resources And Subjective Well-Being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 73(3), pages 375-408, September.
- Rojas, Mariano, 2008. "Experienced Poverty and Income Poverty in Mexico: A Subjective Well-Being Approach," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1078-1093, June.
- Stefan Dercon, 2005. "Risk, Poverty and Vulnerability in Africa," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 14(4), pages 483-488, December.
- Das, Jishnu & Do, Quy-Toan & Friedman, Jed & McKenzie, David & Scott, Kinnon, 2007. "Mental health and poverty in developing countries: Revisiting the relationship," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 467-480, August.
- World Bank, 2003. "Mental Health," World Bank Other Operational Studies 9719, The World Bank.
- Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada, 2005. "Income and well-being: an empirical analysis of the comparison income effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(5-6), pages 997-1019, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ayllón, Sara & Fusco, Alessio, 2017.
"Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 103-114.
- AYLLON Sara & FUSCO Alessio, 2016. "Are income poverty and perceptions of financial difficulties dynamically interrelated?," LISER Working Paper Series 2016-05, LISER.
- Spears Dean, 2011.
"Economic Decision-Making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-44, December.
- Dean Spears, 2010. "Economic Decision-making in Poverty Depletes Behavioral Control," Working Papers 1293, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Gandelman, Néstor & Hernández-Murillo, Rubén, 2013.
"What do happiness and health satisfaction data tell us about relative risk aversion?,"
Journal of Economic Psychology,
Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 301-312.
- Néstor Gándelman & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2011. "What do happiness and health satisfaction data tell us about relative risk aversion?," Working Papers 2011-039, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Feeny, Simon & McDonald, Lachlan & Posso, Alberto, 2014. "Are Poor People Less Happy? Findings from Melanesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 448-459.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial processes & social issues Poverty Emotional state Economic growth Latin America Psychological distress Psychological well-being;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:joepsy:v:32:y:2011:i:2:p:206-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.