Global Progress I: Empirical Evidence for ongoing Increase in Quality-of-life
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas Bulmahn, 2000. "Modernity and Happiness – The Case of Germany," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 375-399, September.
- Bulmahn, Thomas, 2000. "Modernity and happiness: The case of Germany," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Social Structure and Social Reporting FS III 00-402, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Francis Heylighen & Jan Bernheim, 2000. "Global Progress II: Evolutionary Mechanisms and their Side-effects," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 351-374, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ad Bergsma, 2000. "Transhumanism and the Wisdom of Old Genes is Neurotechnology as Source of Future Happiness?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 401-417, September.
- Ruut Veenhoven, 2010. "Life is Getting Better: Societal Evolution and Fit with Human Nature," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 97(1), pages 105-122, May.
- Kivilcim Metin Özcan & Selin Sayek Böke & Mine Kara, 2008. "The Determinants of the Perception of Happiness About Quality of Life Amongst Turkish People," Working Papers 425, Economic Research Forum, revised 08 Jan 2008.
- Robert Cummins & Helen Nistico, 2002. "Maintaining Life Satisfaction: The Role of Positive Cognitive Bias," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 37-69, March.
- Paulo Ferreira & Andreia Dionísio, 2019. "City Brand: What Are the Main Conditions for Territorial Performance?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(14), pages 1-14, July.
- Fabio Zagonari, 2011. "Which Ethics Will Make us Individually and Socially Happier? A Cross-Culture and Cross-Development Analytical Model," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 77-103, March.
- Weiting Ng & Ed Diener & Raksha Aurora & James Harter, 2009. "Affluence, Feelings of Stress, and Well-being," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 94(2), pages 257-271, November.
- Manfred Garhammer, 2002. "Pace of Life and Enjoyment of Life," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 217-256, September.
More about this item
Keywordsprogress; quality of life; happiness; optimism; pessimism; social indicators; forecasting; world view; evolution; development.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:1:y:2000:i:3:p:323-349. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.