What determines income mobility differences across the European Union?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Schluter & Mark Trede, 2003. "Local versus Global Assessment of Mobility," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1313-1335, November.
- Frank A. Cowell, 1985. "Measures of Distributional Change: An Axiomatic Approach," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 135-151.
- Philippe Van Kerm, 2004.
"What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 71(281), pages 223-239, May.
- Van Kerm, Philippe, 2003. "What Lies Behind Income Mobility? Reranking and Distributional Change in Belgium, Western Germany and the USA," IRISS Working Paper Series 2003-03, IRISS at CEPS/INSTEAD.
- Aaberge, Rolf, et al, 2002.
"Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 443-469, December.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Björklund, Anders & Jäntti, Markus & Palme, Mårten & Pedersen, Peder & Smith, Nina & Wennemo, Tom, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 98, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Aug 2002.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Mårten Palme & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Discussion Papers 168, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Trede, Mark M., 1995. "The age-profile of earnings mobility: Statistical inference for conditional kernel density estimates," Discussion Papers in Econometrics and Statistics 1/95, University of Cologne, Institute of Econometrics and Statistics.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- Gardiner, Karen & Hills, John, 1999. "Policy Implications of New Data on Income Mobility," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(453), pages 91-111, February.
- Mervyn A. King, 1980. "An Index of Inequality: With Applications to Horizontal Equity and Social Mobility," NBER Working Papers 0468, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Markandya, Anil, 1982. "Intergenerational exchange mobility and economic welfare," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 307-324.
- Olga Cantó & Coral del Río & Carlos Gradín, "undated". "Poverty Statics And Dynamics: Does The Accounting Period Matter?," Working Papers 22-02 Classification-JEL , Instituto de Estudios Fiscales.
- Fields, Gary S. & Ok, Efe A., 1996. "The Meaning and Measurement of Income Mobility," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 349-377, November.
- Shorrocks, A F, 1982. "Inequality Decomposition by Factor Components," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(1), pages 193-211, January.
- Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2004.
"The measurement of structural and exchange income mobility,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 2(3), pages 219-228, September.
- Ruiz-Castillo, Javier, 2000. "The measurement of structural and exchange income mobility," UC3M Working papers. Economics 7274, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- King, Mervyn A, 1983. "An Index of Inequality: With Applications to Horizontal Equity and Social Mobility," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(1), pages 99-115, January.
- Brian Nolan & Bertrand Maitre, 1999. "The Distribution of Income and Relative Income Poverty in the European Community Household Panel," Papers WP107, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Luis Ayala & Rosa Martinez & Jesus Ruiz-Huerta, 2002. "Institutional determinants of the unemployment-earnings inequality trade-off," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(2), pages 179-195.
- Stephen P. Jenkins, 2000. "Modelling household income dynamics," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 13(4), pages 529-567.
- Nolan, Brian & Whelan, Christopher T., 2011. "Poverty and Deprivation in Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199588435.
- Markandya, Anil, 1984. "The Welfare Measurement of Changes in Economic Mobility," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 51(204), pages 457-471, November.
- Fields, Gary S & Ok, Efe A, 1999. "Measuring Movement of Incomes," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(264), pages 455-471, November.
- Jarvis, Sarah & Jenkins, Stephen P, 1998. "How Much Income Mobility Is There in Britain?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 428-443, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elena Bárcena Martín & Frank A. Cowell, 2006.
"Static and Dynamic Poverty in Spain, 1993-2000,"
Hacienda Pública Española,
IEF, vol. 179(4), pages 51-77, September.
- Elena Bárcena Martín & Frank A Cowell, 2006. "Static and Dynamic Poverty in Spain, 1993-2000," STICERD - Distributional Analysis Research Programme Papers 77, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Barcena, E & Cowell, Frank, 2006. "Static and dynamic poverty in Spain, 1993-2000," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 2678, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2003-03-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2003-03-10 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2003-03-10 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2003-03-10 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ese:iserwp:2002-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jonathan Nears). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rcessuk.html .