Food security in African and Arab countries: a review of the topic and some suggestions for building composite indicators with Principal Components Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Breisinger, Clemens & van Rheenen, Teunis & Ringler, Claudia & Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Minot, Nicholas & Aragon, Catherine & Yu, Bingxin & Ecker, Olivier & Zhu, Tingju, 2010. "Food security and economic development in the Middle East and North Africa," IFPRI discussion papers 985, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, Peter & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2006.
"The role of agriculture in development: implications for Sub-Saharan Africa,"
DSGD discussion papers
29, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Diao, Xinshen & Hazell, P.B.R. & Resnick, Danielle & Thurlow, James, 2007. "The role of agriculture in development: Implications for Sub-Saharan Africa," Research reports 153, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Winters, Paul & Davis, Benjamin & Carletto, Gero & Covarrubias, Katia & Quiñones, Esteban J. & Zezza, Alberto & Azzarri, Carlo & Stamoulis, Kostas, 2009. "Assets, Activities and Rural Income Generation: Evidence from a Multicountry Analysis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1435-1452, September.
More about this item
Keywordsfood security; agricultural development; Arab countries; Principal Components Analysis;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2012-07-29 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2012-07-29 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-07-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ARA-2012-07-29 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eec:wpaper:1210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Vicente Esteve). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dsvales.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.