The impact of symbolic and substantive actions on environmental legitimacy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Konar, Shameek & Cohen, Mark A., 1997. "Information As Regulation: The Effect of Community Right to Know Laws on Toxic Emissions," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-124, January.
- Berrone, Pascual & Gelabert, Liliana & Fosfuri, Andrea & Gomez-Mejia, Luis R., 2007. "Can institutional forces create competitive advantage? An empirical examination of environmental innovation," IESE Research Papers D/723, IESE Business School.
- Magali Delmas & Arturo Keller, 2005. "Free riding in voluntary environmental programs: The case of the U.S. EPA WasteWise program," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 38(2), pages 91-106, September.
- Nameroff, T. J. & Garant, R. J. & Albert, M. B., 2004. "Adoption of green chemistry: an analysis based on US patents," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(6-7), pages 959-974, September.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-325, June.
- Jean O. Lanjouw & Mark Schankerman, 1999. "The Quality of Ideas: Measuring Innovation with Multiple Indicators," NBER Working Papers 7345, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Catherine M. Paul & Donald Siegel, 2006.
"Corporate social responsibility and economic performance,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 207-211, December.
- Catherine J. Morrison-Paul & Donald S. Siegel, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Economic Performance," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0605, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Bronwyn H. Hall & Adam Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg, 2005. "Market Value and Patent Citations," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(1), pages 16-38, Spring.
- Alvarez-Gil, M Jose & Berrone, Pascual & Husillos, F. Javier & Lado, Nora, 2007. "Reverse logistics, stakeholders' influence, organizational slack, and managers' posture," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(5), pages 463-473, May.
- Pascual Berrone & Jordi Surroca & Josep TribÃ³, 2007.
"Corporate Ethical Identity as a Determinant of Firm Performance: A Test of the Mediating Role of Stakeholder Satisfaction,"
Journal of Business Ethics,
Springer, vol. 76(1), pages 35-53, November.
- Tribo Gine, José Antonio & Surroca Aguilar, Jorge & Berrone, Pascual Alberto, 2005. "Corporate ethical identity as determinant of firm performance : a test of the mediating role of stakeholder satisfaction," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb053108, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Henriques, Irene & Sadorsky, Perry, 1996. "The Determinants of an Environmentally Responsive Firm: An Empirical Approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 381-395, May.
- Andrew King & Michael Lenox, 2002. "Exploring the Locus of Profitable Pollution Reduction," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(2), pages 289-299, February.
- Nicole Darnall & Joann Carmin, 2005. "Greener and cleaner? The signaling accuracy of U.S. voluntary environmental programs," Policy Sciences, Springer;Society of Policy Sciences, vol. 38(2), pages 71-90, September.
- Hamilton James T., 1995. "Pollution as News: Media and Stock Market Reactions to the Toxics Release Inventory Data," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 98-113, January.
- Patten, Dennis M., 1992. "Intra-industry environmental disclosures in response to the Alaskan oil spill: A note on legitimacy theory," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 471-475, July.
- Sarkis, Joseph & Cordeiro, James J., 2001. "An empirical evaluation of environmental efficiencies and firm performance: Pollution prevention versus end-of-pipe practice," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 102-113, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marian Siminica & Liviu Craciun & Adina Dinu, 2015. "The Impact of Corporate Sustainability Strategies on the Financial Performance of Romanian Companies in the Context of Green Marketing," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 17(40), pages 994-994, August.
- Itziar Castelló & Michael Etter & Finn Årup Nielsen, 2016. "Strategies of Legitimacy Through Social Media: The Networked Strategy," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 402-432, May.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2807-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Mignon Halderen & Mamta Bhatt & Guido A. J. M. Berens & Tom J. Brown & Cees Riel, 2016. "Managing Impressions in the Face of Rising Stakeholder Pressures: Examining Oil Companies’ Shifting Stances in the Climate Change Debate," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 133(3), pages 567-582, February.
- Doris M. Merkl-Davies & Niamh M. Brennan, 2011.
"A conceptual framework of impression management: new insights from psychology, sociology and critical perspectives,"
Accounting and Business Research,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 415-437, December.
- Doris M. Merkl-Davies & Niamh Brennan, 2011. "A conceptual framework of impression management : new insights from psychology, sociology, and critical perspectives," Open Access publications 10197/2899, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Niamh Brennan & Doris M. Merkl-Davies, 2011. "A conceptual framework of impression management: new insights from psychology, sociology, and critical perspectives," Open Access publications 10197/3924, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Timo Busch & Bryan T. Stinchfield & Matthew S. Wood, 2011. "A Triptych Inquiry: Rethinking Sustainability, Innovation, and Financial Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 11-026/2/DSF 9, Tinbergen Institute.
- Palmer, Mark & Truong, Yann, 2017. "The Impact of Technological Green New Product Introductions on Firm Profitability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 86-93.
More about this item
Keywordsenvironmental management; institutional theory; legitimacy; stakeholder management; symbolic management;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ebg:iesewp:d-0778. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Noelia Romero). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ienaves.html .