Environment Related Trade Barriers and the WTO
This paper looks at some of the environment related trade measures which may appear to be trade barriers at times in the context of the WTO. It also briefly discusses WTO Agreements on environmental measures and the use of environment related trade measures. The paper finally articulates the interests of LDCs in the area of trade and environment and how their concerns can be protected.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: JG Crawford Building #13, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, Australian National University, ACT 0200|
Web page: http://www.eaber.org
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000.
"Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs,"
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists,
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 23(3), September.
- Unnevehr, Laurian J., 2000. "Food safety issues and fresh food product exports from LDCs," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 231-240, September.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30722111 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fahmida Khatun, 2009. "Environment Related Trade Barriers and the WTO," Trade Working Papers 22292, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Fahmida Khatun, 2009. "Environment Related Trade Barriers and the WTO," CPD Working Paper 77, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD).
- Dawn D. Thilmany & Christopher B. Barrett, 1997. "Regulatory Barriers in an Integrating World Food Market," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 19(1), pages 91-107.
- Kym Anderson, 1992. "Agricultural Trade Liberalisation and the Environment: A Global Perspective," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 153-172, January.
- Nordström, Håkan & Vaughan, Scott, 1999. "Trade and the environment," WTO Special Studies, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division, volume 4, number 4. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)