Do Labor Intensive Industries Generate Employment? Evidence from firm level survey in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deb Kusum Das & Gunajit Kalita, 2010. "Do Labor Intensive Industries Generate Employment? Evidence from firm level survey in India," Working Papers id:2770, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bhalotra, Sonia R, 1998. "The Puzzle of Jobless Growth in Indian Manufacturing," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 60(1), pages 5-32, February.
- Deb Kusum Das & Deepika Wadhwa & Gunajit Kalita, 2009. "The Employment Potential of Labor Intensive Industries in IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Organized Manufacturing," Labor Economics Working Papers 22913, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Emmanuel Olusegun Stober, 2014. "The Influence of Labor Intensive Export on China's Economy Growth," Working Papers 3, Bucharest Academy of Economic Studies, Research Center in International Business and Economics (RCIBE).
More about this item
KeywordsIndian Organized Manufacturing; Labor Intensity; Employment Growth; Skilled workforce; Wage Structure; Export status; Machinery Usage; Labor laws; South Asia;
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eab:laborw:22912. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shiro Armstrong). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eaberau.html .