Age Effects in the Okun's Law within the Eurozone
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaufman, Roger T., 1988. "An international comparison of Okun's laws," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 182-203, June.
- Christian Pierdzioch & Jan-Christoph Rulke & Georg Stadtmann, 2011. "Do professional economists' forecasts reflect Okun's law? Some evidence for the G7 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(11), pages 1365-1373.
- Brian Silverstone & Richard Harris, 2001. "Testing for asymmetry in Okun's law: A cross-country comparison," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(2), pages 1-13.
- Edward S. Knotek, 2007. "How useful is Okun's law?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, vol. 92(Q IV), pages 73-103.
- Holmes, Mark J. & Silverstone, Brian, 2006.
"Okun's law, asymmetries and jobless recoveries in the United States: A Markov-switching approach,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 92(2), pages 293-299, August.
- Mark J. Holmes & Brian Silverstone, 2005. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Jobless Recoveries in the United States: A Markov-Switching Approach," Working Papers in Economics 05/06, University of Waikato.
- Blinder, Alan S, 1997. "Is There a Core of Practical Macroeconomics That We Should All Believe?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 240-243, May.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Hutengs, Oliver & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "Age effects in the Okun's law within the Eurozone," Discussion Papers 322, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Durech, Richard & Minea, Alexandru & Mustea, Lavinia & Slusna, Lubica, 2014.
"Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 57-65.
- Richard Durech & Alexandru Minea & Lavinia Teodora Mustea & Lubica Slusna, 2014. "Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia," Post-Print halshs-01019147, HAL.
- Costas KARFAKIS & Constantinos KATRAKILIDIS & Eftychia TSANANA, 2014.
"Does output predict unemployment? A look at Okun's law in Greece,"
International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 153(3), pages 421-433, September.
- Costas Karfakis & Konstantinos Katrakilidis & Eftychia Tsanana, 2013. "Does Output Predict Unemployment? A Look at Okun’s Law in Greece," Discussion Paper Series 2013_01, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Dec 2013.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "Did Okun’s law die after the Great Recession?," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 52(4), pages 216-226, October.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2013. "Okun's Law across the Business Cycle and during the Great Recession: A Markov Switching Analysis," Working Papers 139, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Koutroulis, Aristotelis & Panagopoulos, Yannis & Tsouma, Ekaterini, 2016. "Asymmetry in the response of unemployment to output changes in Greece: Evidence from hidden co-integration," The Journal of Economic Asymmetries, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 81-88.
- Ibragimov Marat & Jovlon Karimov & Elena Permyakova, 2013. "Unemployment and output dynamics in CIS countries: Okun's law revisited," EERC Working Paper Series 13/04e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
- Abdessalem GOUIDER & Ridha NOUIRA & Faouzi SBOUI, 2018. "La relation croissance-chômage en Tunisie : validation de la spécification non linéaire de la loi d’Okun," Region et Developpement, Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 47, pages 27-41.
- Roger, Perman & Jean-Philippe, Boussemart & Walter, Briec & Christophe, TavÃ©ra, 2013. "How do technical change and technological distance influence the size of the Okunâ€™s Law coefficient?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-60, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Kavese Kambale & Phiri Andrew, 2020.
"A Provincial Perspective of Nonlinear Okun’s Law for Emerging Markets: The Case of South Africa,"
Studia Universitatis „Vasile Goldis” Arad – Economics Series, Sciendo, vol. 30(3), pages 59-76, September.
- Kavese, Kambale & Phiri, Andrew, 2018. "A provincial perspective of nonlinear Okun's law for emerging markets: The case of South Africa," MPRA Paper 86517, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kambale Kavese & Andrew Phiri, 2018. "A provincial perspective of nonlinear Okun's law for emerging markets: The case of South Africa," Working Papers 1819, Department of Economics, Nelson Mandela University.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2014. "Re-evaluating Okun's law in South Africa: A nonlinear co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 57398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rui Pereira, 2014.
"Okun’s law, asymmetries and regional spillovers: evidence from Virginia metropolitan statistical areas and the District of Columbia,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 583-595, March.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Regional Spillovers: Evidence from Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Areas and the District of Columbia," Working Papers 140, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Switching and asymmetric behaviour of the Okun coefficient in the US: Evidence for the 1948–2015 period," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 281-290.
- Andrew Phiri, 2014. "Nonlinear Co-Integration Between Unemployment and Economic Growth in South Africa," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 12(4 (Winter), pages 303-324.
- Menzie D. Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013.
"Post-recession US Employment through the Lens of a Non-linear Okun's law,"
NBER Working Papers
19047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Menzie Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013. "Post-Recession US Employment through the Lens of a Non-Linear Okun's Law," Working Papers 2013-13, CEPII research center.
- Menzie Chinn & Laurent Ferrara & Valérie Mignon, 2013. "Post-recession US employment through the lens of a non-linear Okun’s law," EconomiX Working Papers 2013-12, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Dunsch, Sophie, 2017. "Youth and gender-specific unemployment and Okun's law in Germany and Poland," Discussion Papers 397, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Tariq Ahmad BHAT & Tariq Ahmad LONE & Towseef Mohi Ud DIN, 2019. "The validity of Okun’s Law: Evidences from Indian economy," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(4(621), W), pages 273-278, Winter.
- Ryan W Herzog, 2013. "An Analysis of Okun's Law, the Natural Rate, and Voting Preferences for the 50 States," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(4), pages 2504-2517.
- de Mendonça, Helder Ferreira & de Oliveira, Diego S.P., 2019. "Firms' confidence and Okun's law in OECD countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 98-107.
More about this item
KeywordsOkun's law; labor market; youth unemployment;
All these keywords.
- E24 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Employment; Unemployment; Wages; Intergenerational Income Distribution; Aggregate Human Capital; Aggregate Labor Productivity
- F50 - International Economics - - International Relations, National Security, and International Political Economy - - - General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2012-09-16 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2012-09-16 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EEC-2012-09-16 (European Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2012-09-16 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2012-09-16 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1243. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Bibliothek (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.