Okun's law, asymmetries and jobless recoveries in the United States: A Markov-switching approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Mark J. Holmes & Brian Silverstone, 2005. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Jobless Recoveries in the United States: A Markov-Switching Approach," Working Papers in Economics 05/06, University of Waikato.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kathryn Koenders & Richard Rogerson, 2005. "Organizational dynamics over the business cycle: a view on jobless recoveries," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 555-580.
- Paramsothy Silvapulle & Imad Moosa & Mervyn Silvapulle, 2004. "Asymmetry in Okun's law," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(2), pages 353-374, May.
- Moosa, Imad A., 1997. "A Cross-Country Comparison of Okun's Coefficient," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 335-356, June.
- Jesus Crespo Cuaresma, 2003. "Okun's Law Revisited," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 65(4), pages 439-451, September.
- Brian Silverstone & Richard Harris, 2001. "Testing for asymmetry in Okun's law: A cross-country comparison," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 5(2), pages 1-13.
- Hamilton, James D, 1989. "A New Approach to the Economic Analysis of Nonstationary Time Series and the Business Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(2), pages 357-384, March.
- Daniel Aaronson & Ellen R. Rissman & Daniel G. Sullivan, 2004. "Assessing the jobless recovery," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q II, pages 2-21.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afşin Şahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2015.
"Output–Employment Relationship Across Sectors: A Long- Versus Short-Run Perspective,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 265-288, July.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2011. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," MPRA Paper 46875, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Jun 2012.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Working Papers 792, Economic Research Forum, revised Nov 2013.
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M.Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors:A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," ERC Working Papers 1305, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised May 2013.
- Afþin Þahin & Aysýt Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship Across Sectors: A Long- Versus Short-Run Perspective," Working Papers 2013/9, Turkish Economic Association.
- Sahin, Afsin & Tansel, Aysit & Berument, Hakan, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," IZA Discussion Papers 7599, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Afsin Sahin & Aysit Tansel & M. Hakan Berument, 2013. "Output-Employment Relationship across Sectors: A Long- versus Short-Run Perspective," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1311, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Durech, Richard & Minea, Alexandru & Mustea, Lavinia & Slusna, Lubica, 2014.
"Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia,"
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 57-65.
- Richard Durech & Alexandru Minea & Lavinia Teodora Mustea & Lubica Slusna, 2014. "Regional evidence on Okun's Law in Czech Republic and Slovakia," Post-Print halshs-01019147, HAL.
- Roger, Perman & Jean-Philippe, Boussemart & Walter, Briec & Christophe, TavÃ©ra, 2013. "How do technical change and technological distance influence the size of the Okunâ€™s Law coefficient?," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-60, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Turan, Güngör, 2015.
"Türkiye'de Büyüme ve İşsizlik
[Growth and Unemployment in Turkey]," MPRA Paper 77773, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2013. "Okun's Law across the Business Cycle and during the Great Recession: A Markov Switching Analysis," Working Papers 139, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Rui Pereira, 2014.
"Okun’s law, asymmetries and regional spillovers: evidence from Virginia metropolitan statistical areas and the District of Columbia,"
The Annals of Regional Science,
Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(2), pages 583-595, March.
- Rui M. Pereira, 2014. "Okun's Law, Asymmetries and Regional Spillovers: Evidence from Virginia Metropolitan Statistical Areas and the District of Columbia," Working Papers 140, Department of Economics, College of William and Mary.
- Zanin, Luca, 2014. "On Okun’s law in OECD countries: An analysis by age cohorts," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 125(2), pages 243-248.
- Antal, Miklós, 2014. "Green goals and full employment: Are they compatible?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 276-286.
- Phiri, Andrew, 2014. "Re-evaluating Okun's law in South Africa: A nonlinear co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 57398, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hutengs, Oliver & Stadtmann, Georg, 2012. "Age effects in the Okun's law within the Eurozone," Discussion Papers 322, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Ali, Amjad & Ur Rehman, Hafeez, 2015.
"Macroeconomic Instability and Its Impact on Gross Domestic Product: An Empirical Analysis of Pakistan,"
71037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ali, Amjad & Ur Rehman, Hafeez, 2015. "Macroeconomic Instability and Its Impact on Gross Domestic Product: An Empirical Analysis of Pakistan," MPRA Paper 82496, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Giorgio Canarella & Stephen M. Miller, 2017. "Did Okun’s law die after the Great Recession?," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan;National Association for Business Economics, vol. 52(4), pages 216-226, October.
- Jochen Hartwig, 2014. "Testing Okun’s law with Swiss industry data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(29), pages 3581-3590, October.
- Juan Urquiza, 2011. "Income Asymmetries and the Permanent Income Hypothesis," Documentos de Trabajo 409, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Huang, Ho-Chuan (River) & Lin, Shu-Chin, 2008. "Smooth-time-varying Okun's coefficients," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 363-375, March.
- Engemann, Kristie M. & Owyang, Michael T., 2010.
"Whatever Happened To The Business Cycle? A Bayesian Analysis Of Jobless Recoveries,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(05), pages 709-726, November.
- Kristie M. Engemann & Michael T. Owyang, 2007. "Whatever happened to the business cycle? a Bayesian analysis of jobless recoveries," Working Papers 2007-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Klinger, Sabine & Weber, Enzo, 2014. "On GDP-employment decoupling in Germany," IAB Discussion Paper 201421, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany].
- Oliver Hutengs & Georg Stadtmann, 2012. "Age Effects in the Okun's Law within the Eurozone," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1243, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Valadkhani, Abbas & Smyth, Russell, 2015. "Switching and asymmetric behaviour of the Okun coefficient in the US: Evidence for the 1948–2015 period," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 281-290.
- Jorge Belaire-Franch & Amado Peiró, 2015. "Asymmetry in the relationship between unemployment and the business cycle," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 48(2), pages 683-697, March.
- Stefan Marth, 2015. "How strong is the correlation between unemployment and growth really? The persistence of Okun's Law and how to weaken it," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 23, WWWforEurope.
- Klinger, Sabine & Weber, Enzo, 2015. "GDP-Employment Decoupling and the Productivity Puzzle in Germany," University of Regensburg Working Papers in Business, Economics and Management Information Systems 485, University of Regensburg, Department of Economics.
- M. Yazgan & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2009. "Okun’s convergence within the US," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 109-122, October.
- repec:eee:ecmode:v:69:y:2018:i:c:p:291-300 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:ecolet:v:92:y:2006:i:2:p:293-299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ecolet .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.