Distributional and Welfare Effects of Germany's Year 2000 Tax Reform
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ochmann, Richard, 2011. "Distributional and Welfare Effects of Germany's Year 2000 Tax Reform," Annual Conference 2011 (Frankfurt, Main): The Order of the World Economy - Lessons from the Crisis 48686, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
References listed on IDEAS
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006.
"Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies,"
The Journal of Economic Inequality,
Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, pages 77-106.
- François Bourguignon & Amadéo Spadaro, 2005. "Microsimulation as a tool for evaluating redistribution policies," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590863, HAL.
- Amadéo Spadaro & François Bourguignon, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Post-Print halshs-00754162, HAL.
- François Bourguignon & Amedeo Spadaro, 2006. "Microsimulation as a Tool for Evaluating Redistribution Policies," Working Papers 20, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Giacomo Corneo, 2005. "Verteilungsarithmetik der rot-grünen Einkommensteuerreform," Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 125(2), pages 299-314.
- Martin Beznoska & Richard Ochmann, 2010. "Household Savings Decision and Income Uncertainty," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1046, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stefan Homburg, 2000. "German Tax Reform 2000. Description and Appraisal," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(4), pages 504-513, August.
- Hochguertel, Stefan & Alessie, Rob & van Soest, Arthur, 1997. " Saving Accounts versus Stocks and Bonds in Household Portfolio Allocation," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 99(1), pages 81-97, March.
- King, Mervyn A. & Leape, Jonathan I., 1998. "Wealth and portfolio composition: Theory and evidence," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 155-193, June.
- Banks, James & Blundell, Richard & Lewbel, Arthur, 1996.
"Tax Reform and Welfare Measurement: Do We Need Demand System Estimation?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 106(438), pages 1227-1241, September.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1994. "Tax reform and welfare measurement: do we need demand system estimation?," IFS Working Papers W94/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Alan, Sule & Atalay, Kadir & Crossley, Thomas F. & Jeon, Sung-Hee, 2010.
"New evidence on taxes and portfolio choice,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(11-12), pages 813-823, December.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley & Sung-Hee Jeon, 2009. "New Evidence on Taxes and Portfolio Choice," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 431, McMaster University.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas Crossley & Sung-Hee Jeon, 2009. "New evidence on taxes and portfolio choice," IFS Working Papers W09/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Sule Alan & Kadir Atalay & Thomas F. Crossley & Sung-Hee Jeon, 2009. "New Evidence on Taxes and Portfolio Choice," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 245, McMaster University.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Gerhard Wagenhals, 2000.
"Incentive and Redistribution Effects of the German Tax Reform 2000,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(3), pages 316-316, May.
- Gerhard Wagenhals, 2000. "Incentive and Redistribution Effects of the German Tax Reform 2000," Diskussionspapiere aus dem Institut für Volkswirtschaftslehre der Universität Hohenheim 188/2000, Department of Economics, University of Hohenheim, Germany.
- King, Mervyn A., 1983. "Welfare analysis of tax reforms using household data," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 183-214, July.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, March.
- Hausman, Jerry A & Poterba, James M, 1987.
"Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 1(1), pages 101-119, Summer.
- Jerry A. Hausman & James M. Poterba, 1986. "Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," Working papers 437, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Jerry A. Hausman & James M. Poterba, 1987. "Household Behavior and the Tax Reform Act of 1986," NBER Working Papers 2120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peichl, Andreas & Ochmann, Richard, 2006. "Measuring distributional effects of fiscal reforms," FiFo Discussion Papers - Finanzwissenschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 06-9, University of Cologne, FiFo Institute for Public Economics.
- Richard Ochmann, 2014.
"Differential income taxation and household asset allocation,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 880-894, March.
- Richard Ochmann, 2010. "Differential Income Taxation and Household Asset Allocation," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1058, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Michael Keen, 2002. "The German Tax Reform of 2000," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 9(5), pages 603-621, September.
- Feldstein, Martin S, 1976. "Personal Taxation and Portfolio Composition: An Econometric Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(4), pages 631-650, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard Ochmann, 2016. "Distributional and welfare effects of Germany’s year 2000 tax reform: the context of savings and portfolio choice," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 93-123, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital income taxation; household savings; asset demand; welfare effects;
- C35 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- H31 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Household
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-12-11 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2010-12-11 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2010-12-11 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwwpp:dp1083. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diwbede.html .