The Impact of Home Production on Economic Inequality in Germany
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joachim Frick & Markus Grabka & Olaf Groh-Samberg, 2012. "The impact of home production on economic inequality in Germany," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 1143-1169, December.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Grabka, Markus M. & Groh-Samberg, Olaf, 2012. "The Impact of Home Production on Economic Inequality in Germany," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics, pages 1143-1169.
- Frick, Joachim R. & Grabka, Markus M. & Groh-Samberg, Olaf, 2009. "The Impact of Home Production on Economic Inequality in Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 4023, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
References listed on IDEAS
- W. Keith Bryant & Cathleen D. Zick, 1985. "Income Distribution Implications of Rural Household Production," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 67(5), pages 1100-1104.
- Bonke, Jens, 1992. "Distribution of Economic Resources: Implications of Including Household Production," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 38(3), pages 281-293, September.
- Duncan Ironmonger, 1996. "Counting outputs, capital inputs and caring labor: Estimating gross household product," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 37-64.
- Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2010.
"Unemployment, market work and household production,"
Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 131-133, May.
- Burda, Michael C. & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," IZA Discussion Papers 3955, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Michael Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," NBER Working Papers 14676, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burda, Michael C & Hamermesh, Daniel S., 2009. "Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," CEPR Discussion Papers 7166, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Timothy M. Smeeding & Daniel H. Weinberg, 2001. "Toward a Uniform Definition of Household Income," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 47(1), pages 1-24, March.
- Marcel Kerkhofs & Peter Kooreman, 2003. "Identification and estimation of a class of household production models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(3), pages 337-369.
- Joachim R. Frick & Jan Goebel & Markus M. Grabka, 2007. "Assessing the Distributional Impact of "Imputed Rent" and "Non-cash Employee Income" in Microdata: Case Studies Based on EU-SILC (2004) and SOEP (2002)," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 2, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Daniel Hallberg & Anders Klevmarken, 2003.
"Time for children: A study of parent's time allocation,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 205-226, May.
- Hallberg, Daniel & Klevmarken, Anders, 2001. "Time for Children, a Study of Parents’ Time Allocation," Working Paper Series 2001:21, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Harley Frazis & Jay Stewart, 2006.
"How Does Household Production Affect Earnings Inequality?: Evidence from the American Time Use Survey,"
Economics Working Paper Archive
wp_454, Levy Economics Institute.
- Harley Frazis & Jay Stewart, 2006. "How Does Household Production Affect Earnings Inequality? Evidence from the American Time Use Survey," Working Papers 393, U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- W. Keith Bryant & Hyojin Kang & Cathleen D. Zick & Anna Y. Chan, 2004. "Measuring Housework in Time Use Surveys," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Joachim R. Frick & Markus M. Grabka & Olaf Groh-Samberg, 2010. "Economic Gains from Educational Transfers in Kind in Germany," Journal of Income Distribution, Ad libros publications inc., vol. 19(3-4), pages 17-40, September.
- Sutherland, Holly & DeCoster, Andre & Matsaganis, Manos & Tsakloglou, Panos, 2009. "Accurate income measurement for the assessment of public policies: final report," EUROMOD Working Papers EM7/09, EUROMOD at the Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Harley Frazis & Jay Stewart, 2011.
"How does household production affect measured income inequality?,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(1), pages 3-22, January.
- Frazis, Harley & Stewart, Jay, 2009. "How Does Household Production Affect Measured Income Inequality?," IZA Discussion Papers 4048, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Graham, John W & Green, Carole A, 1984. "Estimating the Parameters of a Household Production Function with Joint Products," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(2), pages 277-282, May.
- Foster, James & Greer, Joel & Thorbecke, Erik, 1984. "A Class of Decomposable Poverty Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(3), pages 761-766, May.
- Michael C. Burda & Daniel S. Hamermesh, 2009. "Evidence on Unemployment, Market Work and Household Production," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2009-043, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Peter Gottschalk & Susan E. Mayer, 1997. "Changes in Home Production and Trends in Economic Inequality," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 382, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Jenkins, Stephen P & O'Leary, Nigel C, 1996. "Household Income Plus Household Production: The Distribution of Extended Income in the U.K," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 42(4), pages 401-419, December.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1980. "Home Production-A Forgotten Industry," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 408-416, August.
- Cathleen Zick & W. Bryant & Sivithee Srisukhumbowornchai, 2008. "Does housework matter anymore? The shifting impact of housework on economic inequality," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 1-28, March.
- Iulie Aslaksen & Charlotte Koren, 1996. "Unpaid household work and the distribution of extended income: The Norwegian experience," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 65-80.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luca Marchiori & Olivier Pierrard, 2012. "LOLA 2.0: Luxembourg OverLapping generation model for policy Analysis," BCL working papers 76, Central Bank of Luxembourg.
- Joachim Frick & Kristina Krell, 2011.
"Einkommensmessungen in Haushaltspanelstudien für Deutschland: Ein Vergleich von EU-SILC und SOEP,"
AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv,
Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 5(3), pages 221-248, December.
- Joachim R. Frick & Kristina Krell, 2009. "Einkommensmessungen in Haushaltspanelstudien für Deutschland: ein Vergleich von EU-SILC und SOEP," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 237, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Andrea Brandolini & Eliana Viviano, 2014. "Accounting for total work," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 253, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Stockhausen, Maximilian, 2016. "The Impact of Private and Public Childcare Provision on the Distribution of Children's Incomes in Germany," Annual Conference 2016 (Augsburg): Demographic Change 145638, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maximilian Stockhausen, 2017.
"The Distribution of Economic Resources to Children in Germany,"
SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research
901, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Stockhausen, Maximilian, 2017. "The distribution of economic resources to children in Germany," Discussion Papers 2017/7, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-01159507 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bonsang, Eric & van Soest, Arthur, 2015. "Home Production and Retirement in Couples: A Panel Data Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 9156, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marchiori, Luca & Pierrard, Olivier, 2017. "How does global demand for financial services promote domestic growth in Luxembourg? A dynamic general equilibrium analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 103-123.
- Joachim R. Frick & Kristina Krell, 2010. "Measuring Income in Household Panel Surveys for Germany: A Comparison of EU-SILC and SOEP," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 265, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Andrea Brandolini & Eliana Viviano, 2016.
"Accounting for total work in labour statistics
[Der Gesamtbetrag der Arbeit in den Arbeitsmarktstatistiken]," Journal for Labour Market Research, Springer;Institute for Employment Research/ Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), vol. 49(3), pages 199-212, November.
- repec:kap:reveho:v:16:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s11150-017-9387-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsHome Production; Non-Cash Incomes; Economic Inequality; Well-being; SOEP;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-03-28 (All new papers)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:diw:diwsop:diw_sp159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bibliothek). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sodiwde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.