Urban fertility responses to local government programs: evidence from the 1923-1932 U.S
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Larry E. Jones & Michele Tertilt, 2006. "An Economic History of Fertility in the U.S.: 1826-1960," NBER Working Papers 12796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Haines & Avery Guest, 2008. "Fertility in New York state in the pre-civil war era," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 45(2), pages 345-361, May.
- Matthias Doepke, 2004.
"Accounting for Fertility Decline During the Transition to Growth,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 347-383, September.
- Matthias Doepke, 2001. "Accounting for Fertility Decline During the Transition to Growth," UCLA Economics Working Papers 804, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Zvi Eckstein & Pedro Mira & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1999.
"A Quantitative Analysis of Swedish Fertility Dynamics: 1751-1990,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 2(1), pages 137-165, January.
- Eckstein, Z. & Mira, P. & Wolpin, K.I., 1997. "A Quantitative Analysis of Swedish Fertility Dynamics: 1751-1990," Papers 9713, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Y Financieros-.
- Eckstein, Z. & Mira, P. & Wolpin, K.I., 1997. "A Quantitative Analysis of Swidish Fertility Dynamics : 1751-1990," Papers 22-97, Tel Aviv.
- Eckstein, Zvi & Mira, Pedro Solbes & Wolpin, Kenneth, 1998. "A Quantative Analysis of Swedish Fertility Dynamics: 1751-1990," CEPR Discussion Papers 1832, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Price V. Fishback & Michael R. Haines & Shawn Kantor, 2007.
"Births, Deaths, and New Deal Relief during the Great Depression,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, pages 1-14.
- Price V. Fishback & Michael R. Haines & Shawn Kantor, 2005. "Births, Deaths, and New Deal Relief during the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 11246, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shcherbakova, Nadezda, 2013. "Urbanization as a way of saving our planet from overpopulation," MPRA Paper 52299, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsUSA; fertility; fertility decline; public health; social welfare;
- J1 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics
- Z0 - Other Special Topics - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEM-2011-11-07 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-07 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dem:wpaper:wp-2011-018. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Wilhelm). General contact details of provider: http://www.demogr.mpg.de/ .