Is the College Farm Sustainable? A Case Study from Davidson College
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kramer, Klaas Jan & Moll, Henri C. & Nonhebel, Sanderine & Wilting, Harry C., 1999. "Greenhouse gas emissions related to Dutch food consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 203-216, April.
- Bruno, Christopher C. & Campbell, Benjamin L., 2016. "Students’ Willingness to Pay for More Local, Organic, Non-GMO and General Food Options," Journal of Food Distribution Research, Food Distribution Research Society, vol. 47(3), pages 1-17, November.
- Ireland, H. A. & Sharpe, C. F. S. & Eargle, D. H., 1939. "Principles of Gully Erosion in the Piedmont of South Carolina," Technical Bulletins 167374, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Patricia Allen & Martin Kovach, 2000. "The capitalist composition of organic: The potential of markets in fulfilling the promise of organic agriculture," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 17(3), pages 221-232, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Oulu, Martin, 2015. "The unequal exchange of Dutch cheese and Kenyan roses: Introducing and testing an LCA-based methodology for estimating ecologically unequal exchange," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 119(C), pages 372-383.
- Tegtmeier, Erin M., 2003. "Factors affecting symbolic and use adoption of local foods for consumers in Black Hawk County, Iowa," ISU General Staff Papers 2003010108000018195, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Robin Roff, 2009. "No alternative? The politics and history of non-GMO certification," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 26(4), pages 351-363, December.
- Demartini, Eugenio & Ricci, Elena Claire & Mattavelli, Simone & Stranieri, Stefanella & Gaviglio, Anna & Banterle, Alessandro & Richetin, Juliette & Perugini, Marco, 2018. "Exploring Consumer Biased Evaluations: Halos Effects of Local Food and of Related Attributes," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 9(4), August.
- Seufert, Verena & Ramankutty, Navin & Mayerhofer, Tabea, 2017. "What is this thing called organic? – How organic farming is codified in regulations," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 10-20.
- Sini Forssell & Leena Lankoski, 2015. "The sustainability promise of alternative food networks: an examination through “alternative” characteristics," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(1), pages 63-75, March.
- Sharp, Anne & Wheeler, Meagan, 2013. "Reducing householders’ grocery carbon emissions: Carbon literacy and carbon label preferences," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 240-249.
- Pachauri, Shonali, 2004. "An analysis of cross-sectional variations in total household energy requirements in India using micro survey data," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(15), pages 1723-1735, October.
- Harvey James, 2006. "Sustainable agriculture and free market economics: Finding common ground in Adam Smith," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(4), pages 427-438, December.
- Yih-Liang Chan, David & Yang, Kuang-Han & Lee, Jenq-Daw & Hong, Gui-Bing, 2010. "The case study of furnace use and energy conservation in iron and steel industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 1665-1670.
- Philippe Fleury & Larry Lev & Hélène Brives & Carole Chazoule & Mathieu Désolé, 2016. "Developing Mid-Tier Supply Chains (France) and Values-Based Food Supply Chains (USA): A Comparison of Motivations, Achievements, Barriers and Limitations," Agriculture, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-13, August.
- Hong, Gui-Bing & Ma, Chih-Ming & Chen, Hua-Wei & Chuang, Kai-Jen & Chang, Chang-Tang & Su, Te-Li, 2011. "Energy flow analysis in pulp and paper industry," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 3063-3068.
- Laura DeLind & Philip Howard, 2008. "Safe at any scale? Food scares, food regulation, and scaled alternatives," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 301-317, September.
- Berners-Lee, M. & Hoolohan, C. & Cammack, H. & Hewitt, C.N., 2012. "The relative greenhouse gas impacts of realistic dietary choices," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 184-190.
- Nathalie Binder & Christian Reinhard Vogl, 2018. "Participatory Guarantee Systems in Peru: Two Case Studies in Lima and Apurímac and the Role of Capacity Building in the Food Chain," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-21, December.
- Ryan Gunderson, 2014. "Problems with the defetishization thesis: ethical consumerism, alternative food systems, and commodity fetishism," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 31(1), pages 109-117, March.
- Gumirakiza, Jean Dominique & VanZee, Sarah, 2018. "The Most Important Food Labels among Online Shoppers when Shopping for Fresh Produce," 2018 Annual Meeting, February 2-6, 2018, Jacksonville, Florida 266683, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Jane Kolodinsky & Sean Morris & Orest Pazuniak, 2019. "How consumers use mandatory genetic engineering (GE) labels: evidence from Vermont," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 36(1), pages 117-125, March.
- Zhang, L.X. & Wang, C.B. & Bahaj, A.S., 2014. "Carbon emissions by rural energy in China," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 641-649.
- Phil Mount, 2012. "Growing local food: scale and local food systems governance," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 29(1), pages 107-121, March.
More about this item
KeywordsCollege Farm; Food Systems Education; College Food System; College Farm Valuation;
All these keywords.
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2020-06-22 (Agricultural Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:dav:wpaper:20-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dedavus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Dave Martin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dedavus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.