Currency futures volatility during the 1997 East Asian crisis: an application of Fourier analysis
No abstract is available for this item.
|Date of creation:||2006|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Department of Economics, Social Sciences Building, City University London, Whiskin Street, London, EC1R 0JD, United Kingdom,|
Phone: +44 (0)20 7040 8500
Web page: http://www.city.ac.uk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ilan Goldfajn & Taimur Baig, 1999.
"Financial market contagion in the Asian crisis,"
Textos para discussão
400, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Werker, B.J.M. & Drost, F.C., 1996. "Closing the GARCH gap : Continuous time GARCH modeling," Other publications TiSEM c3d29817-403a-4ad1-9295-8, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Vasicek, Oldrich, 1977. "An equilibrium characterization of the term structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 177-188, November.
- Mardi Dungey & Renee Fry & Vance L. Martin, 2004. "Currency Market Contagion In The Asia-Pacific Region," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 379-395, December.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-84.
- Dornbusch, Rudiger & Park, Yung Chul & Claessens, Stijn, 2000. "Contagion: Understanding How It Spreads," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 177-97, August.
- Ovidiu V. Precup & Giulia Iori, 2007.
"Cross-correlation Measures in the High-frequency Domain,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 319-331.
- Precup, O. V. & Iori, G., 2005. "Cross-correlation measures in the high-frequency domain," Working Papers 05/04, Department of Economics, City University London.
- Drost, Feike C. & Werker, Bas J. M., 1996.
"Closing the GARCH gap: Continuous time GARCH modeling,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 31-57, September.
- Drost, F.C. & Werker, B.J.M., 1994. "Closing the GARCH gap : Continuous time GARCH modeling," Discussion Paper 1994-2, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cox, John C & Ingersoll, Jonathan E, Jr & Ross, Stephen A, 1985. "A Theory of the Term Structure of Interest Rates," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(2), pages 385-407, March.
- Maria Elvira Mancino & Paul Malliavin, 2002. "Fourier series method for measurement of multivariate volatilities," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 49-61.
- Neil Shephard & Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen, 2002.
"Estimating quadratic variation using realised variance,"
Economics Series Working Papers
2001-W20, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2002. "Estimating quadratic variation using realized variance," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 457-477.
- Marcello Pericoli & Massimo Sbracia, 2003.
"A Primer on Financial Contagion,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 571-608, 09.
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Scholes, Myron & Williams, Joseph, 1977. "Estimating betas from nonsynchronous data," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 309-327, December.
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Kristin Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 1999.
"No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Co-movements,"
NBER Working Papers
7267, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kristin J. Forbes & Roberto Rigobon, 2002. "No Contagion, Only Interdependence: Measuring Stock Market Comovements," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(5), pages 2223-2261, October.
- Luci Ellis & Eleanor Lewis, 2001. "The Response of Financial Markets in Australia and New Zealand to News about the Asian Crisis," RBA Research Discussion Papers rdp2001-03, Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold & April, .
"A No-Arbitrage Approach to Range-Based Estimation of Return Covariances and Correlations,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
03-15, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 2006. "A No-Arbitrage Approach to Range-Based Estimation of Return Covariances and Correlations," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(1), pages 61-74, January.
- Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 2003. "A No-Arbitrage Approach to Range-Based Estimation of Return Covariances and Correlations," NBER Working Papers 9664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brandt, Michael W. & Diebold, Francis X., 2004. "A no-arbitrage approach to range-based estimation of return covariances and correlations," CFS Working Paper Series 2004/07, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Michael W. Brandt & Francis X. Diebold, 2001. "A No-Arbitrage Approach to Range-Based Estimation of Return Covariances and Correlations," PIER Working Paper Archive 03-013, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 01 Apr 2003.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Cipollini, Andrea & Spagnolo, Nicola, 2005.
"Testing for contagion: a conditional correlation analysis,"
Journal of Empirical Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 476-489, June.
- gulielmo maria caporale & rea cipollini & nicola spagnolo, 2004. "Testing For Contagion: A Conditional Correlation Analysis," International Finance 0406003, EconWPA.
- Cohen, Kalman J. & Hawawini, Gabriel A. & Maier, Steven F. & Schwartz, Robert A. & Whitcomb, David K., 1983. "Friction in the trading process and the estimation of systematic risk," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 263-278, August.
- Vasicek, Oldrich Alfonso, 1977. "Abstract: An Equilibrium Characterization of the Term Structure," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(04), pages 627-627, November.
- Mardi Dungey & Renee Fry & Vance L. Martin, 2003. "Equity Transmission Mechanisms from Asia to Australia: Interdependence or Contagion?," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 28(2), pages 157-182, September.
- Nelson, Daniel B., 1990. "ARCH models as diffusion approximations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1-2), pages 7-38.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cty:dpaper:06/09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Research Publications Librarian)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.