A Nation in Search of Jobs: Six Possible Policy Suggestions for Employment Creation in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard B. Freeman, 2007.
"Labor Market Institutions Around the World,"
NBER Working Papers
13242, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard Freeman, 2008. "Labor Market Institutions Around the World," CEP Discussion Papers dp0844, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2008. "Labor market institutions around the world," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19647, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Halton Cheadle, 2006. "Regulated Flexibility and Small Business: Revisiting the LRA and the BCEA," Working Papers 06109, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Haroon Bhorat & Ravi Kanbur & Natasha Mayet, 2012.
"Estimating the Causal Effect of Enforcement on Minimum Wage Compliance: The Case of S outh A frica,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(4), pages 608-623, November.
- Haroon Bhorat & Ravi Kanbur & Natasha Mayet, 2011. "Estimating the Causal Effect of Enforcement on Minimum Wage Compliance : The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 11145, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Maloney, William F., 2004. "Informality Revisited," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1159-1178, July.
- Haroon Bhorat & Sumayya Goga & Carlene Van Der Westhuizen, 2012.
"Institutional Wage Effects: Revisiting Union And Bargaining Council Wage Premia In South Africa,"
South African Journal of Economics,
Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 80(3), pages 400-414, September.
- Haroon Bhorat & Sumayya Goga & Carlene Van Der Westhuizen, 2011. "Institutional Wage Effects: Revisiting Union and Bargaining Council Wage Premia in South Africa," Working Papers 11146, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Haroon Bhorat & Kalie Pauw & Liberty Mncube, 2009. "Understanding the Efficiency and Effectiveness of the Dispute Resolution System in South Africa:An Analysis of CCMA Data," Working Papers 09137, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rochelle Beukes & Tina Fransman & Simba Murozvi & Derek Yu, 2016. "Underemployment in South Africa," Working Papers 06/2016, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Haroon Bhorat & Karmen Naidoo & Morné Oosthuizen & Kavisha Pillay, 2015. "Demographic, employment, and wage trends in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 141, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
More about this item
KeywordsJob Creation; Labour Market Policy; Interventions And Policy Options; Employment-Intensive Growth Path; South Africa;
- A1 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctw:wpaper:12150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Waseema Petersen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpuctza.html .