The Low Employment Rate Conundrum. Can More Human Capital Help ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Svenn-Age Dahl & Oivind Anti Nilsen & Kjell Vaage, 2000.
"Work or retirement? Exit routes for Norwegian elderly,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(14), pages 1865-1876.
- Dahl, Svenn-Åge & Nilsen, Øivind Anti & Vaage, Kjell, 1999. "Work or Retirement? Exit Routes for Norwegian Elderly," IZA Discussion Papers 32, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Dahl, S.-A., Nilsen, O.A. & Vaage, K., 2000. "Work or Retirement? Exit Routes for Norwegian Elderly," Norway; Department of Economics, University of Bergen 213, Department of Economics, University of Bergen.
- Berkovec, James & Stern, Steven, 1991. "Job Exit Behavior of Older Men," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(1), pages 189-210, January.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2004.
"Why do Americans work so much more than Europeans?,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue jul, pages 2-13.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2003. "Why do Americans work so much more than Europeans?," Staff Report 321, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Edward C. Prescott, 2004. "Why do Americans Work so Much More than Europeans?," NBER Working Papers 10316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sveinbjörn Blöndal & Stefano Scarpetta, 1999. "The Retirement Decision in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 202, OECD Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsEndogenous retirement; Human Capital; employment rate;
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HRM-2006-01-24 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ctl:louvec:2005053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginie LEBLANC). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iruclbe.html .