Fiscal Sustainability and Demographics - Should We Save or Work More?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mulligan Casey B & Sala-i-Martin Xavier, 2004. "Political and Economic Forces Sustaining Social Security," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-56, May.
- David De La Croix & Géraldine Mahieu & Alexandra Rillaers, 2004.
"How Should the Allocation of Resources Adjust to the Baby Bust?,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(4), pages 607-636, October.
- Alexandra Rillaers & David de la Croix & Geraldine Mahieu, 2003. "How Should The Allocation Of Resources Adjust To The Baby Bust?," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- DE LA CROIX, David & MAHIEU, Géraldine & RILLAERS, Alexandra, 2004. "How should the allocation of resources adjust to the baby bust?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1741, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Oecd, 2006. "Projecting OECD Health and Long-Term Care Expenditures: What Are the Main Drivers?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 477, OECD Publishing.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2008. "Increasing longevity and social security reforms--A legislative procedure approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 633-646, April.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Martin FlodÈn, 2003.
"Public Saving and Policy Coordination in Aging Economies,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(3), pages 379-400, September.
- Flodén, Martin, 2002. "Public Saving and Policy Coordination in Ageing Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3567, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Galasso, Vincenzo & Profeta, Paola, 2002. "The political economy of social security: a survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Boris Cournède & Frédéric Gonand, 2006. "Restoring Fiscal Sustainability in the Euro Area: Raise Taxes or Curb Spending?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 520, OECD Publishing.
- Daniel Leigh & David Hauner & Michael Skaarup, 2007. "Ensuring Fiscal Sustainability in G-7 Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/187, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsfertility; fiscal sustainability; longevity; Tax smoothing;
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-02-28 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-02-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.