Fiscal Sustainability and Demographics - Should We Save or Work More?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mulligan Casey B & Sala-i-Martin Xavier, 2004. "Political and Economic Forces Sustaining Social Security," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 4(1), pages 1-56, May.
- David De La Croix & Géraldine Mahieu & Alexandra Rillaers, 2004.
"How Should the Allocation of Resources Adjust to the Baby Bust?,"
Journal of Public Economic Theory,
Association for Public Economic Theory, vol. 6(4), pages 607-636, October.
- de la Croix, David & Mahieu, Géraldine & Rillaers, Alexandra, 2000. "How should retirement policy adjust to the baby bust ?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2001003, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- DE LA CROIX, David & MAHIEU, GÃ©raldine & RILLAERS, Alexandra, 2004. "How should the allocation of resources adjust to the baby bust?," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1741, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alexandra Rillaers & David de la Croix & Geraldine Mahieu, 2003. "How Should The Allocation Of Resources Adjust To The Baby Bust?," Working Papers. Serie AD 2003-27, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Oecd, 2006. "Projecting OECD Health and Long-Term Care Expenditures: What Are the Main Drivers?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 477, OECD Publishing.
- Andersen, Torben M., 2008. "Increasing longevity and social security reforms--A legislative procedure approach," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 633-646, April.
- Barro, Robert J, 1979. "On the Determination of the Public Debt," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 940-971, October.
- Martin FlodÈn, 2003.
"Public Saving and Policy Coordination in Aging Economies,"
Scandinavian Journal of Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 105(3), pages 379-400, September.
- Flodén, Martin, 2002. "Public Saving and Policy Coordination in Ageing Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 3567, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Padilla, Emilio, 2002. "Intergenerational equity and sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 69-83, April.
- Galasso, Vincenzo & Profeta, Paola, 2002. "The political economy of social security: a survey," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Boris Cournède & Frédéric Gonand, 2006. "Restoring Fiscal Sustainability in the Euro Area: Raise Taxes or Curb Spending?," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 520, OECD Publishing.
- Daniel Leigh & David Hauner & Michael Skaarup, 2007. "Ensuring Fiscal Sustainability in G-7 Countries," IMF Working Papers 07/187, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
Keywordsfertility; fiscal sustainability; longevity; Tax smoothing;
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
- H50 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - General
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-02-28 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-02-28 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-02-28 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:7044. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.