The Failing Firm Defence: Merger Policy and Entry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Rasmusen, Eric, 1988. "Entry for Buyout," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(3), pages 281-299, March.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1985. "Preemption and Rent Equalization in the Adoption of New Technology," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(3), pages 383-401.
- Helen Weeds, 2002.
"Strategic Delay in a Real Options Model of R&D Competition,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 69(3), pages 729-747.
- Weeds, H., 2000. "Strategic Delay in a Real Optimna Model of R&D Competition," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 576, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Mason, Robin & Weeds, Helen, 2001. "Irreversible Investment with Strategic Interactions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3013, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maskin, Eric & Tirole, Jean, 1988.
"A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(3), pages 549-569, May.
- J. Tirole & E. Maskin, 1982. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, I: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large-Fixed Costs," Working papers 320, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Eric Maskin & Jean Tirole, 2010. "A Theory of Dynamic Oligopoly, 1: Overview and Quantity Competition with Large Fixed Costs," Levine's Working Paper Archive 397, David K. Levine.
- Jacquemin, Alexis & Slade, Margaret E., 1989. "Cartels, collusion, and horizontal merger," Handbook of Industrial Organization,in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 415-473 Elsevier.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alessandro Fedele & Massimo Tognoni, 2010.
"Failing Firm Defence With Entry Deterrence,"
Bulletin of Economic Research,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(4), pages 365-386, October.
- Alessandro Fedele & Massimo Tognoni, 2006. "Failing Firm Defense with Entry Deterrence," Working Papers 20061002, Università degli Studi di Milano-Bicocca, Dipartimento di Statistica, revised Oct 2006.
- A. Fedele & M. Tognoni, 2006. "Failing Firm Defense with Entry Deterrence," Working Papers 562, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Patrice Bougette & Florent Venayre, 2008.
"Contrôles a priori et a posteriori des concentrations : comment augmenter l'efficacité des politiques de concurrence,"
Revue d'économie industrielle,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(1), pages 9-40.
- Patrice Bougette & Florent Venayre, 2008. "Contrôles a priori et a posteriori des concentrations : comment augmenter l'efficacité des politiques de concurrence ?," Post-Print halshs-00463953, HAL.
- Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M. & Pawlina, G. & Thijssen, J.J.J., 2003.
"Strategic Investment Under Uncertainty : Merging Real Options with Game Theory,"
2003-6, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Huisman, K.J.M. & Kort, P.M. & Pawlina, G. & Thijssen, J.J.J., 2004. "Strategic investment under uncertainty : Merging real options with game theory," Other publications TiSEM 57b69510-cf54-479e-938e-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Barnard Franck & Nicolas Le Pape, 2010.
"Bankruptcy Risk, Product Market Competition and Horizontal Mergers,"
TEPP Working Paper
- Bernard Franck & Nicolas Le Pape, 2010. "Bankruptcy Risk, Product Market Competition and Horizontal Mergers," Working Papers halshs-00812086, HAL.
- Helder Vasconcelos, 2013.
"Can the failing firm defence rule be counterproductive?,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 65(2), pages 567-593, April.
- Vasconcelos, Helder, 2012. "Can the Failing Firm Defense Rule be Counterproductive?," CEPR Discussion Papers 8878, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
Keywordsentry; exit; failing firm defence; merger policy;
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:3664. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.