Who is Afraid of Globalization? The Challenge of Domestic Adjustment in Europe and America
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rebecca M. Blank, 1994. "Social Protection versus Economic Flexibility: Is There a Trade-Off?," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number blan94-1, January.
- Dewatripont, Mathias & Sapir, Andre & Sekkat, Khalid (ed.), 1999. "Trade and Jobs in Europe: Much Ado About Nothing?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198293606.
- Assaf Razin & Efraim Sadka, 1998. "Migration and Pension," NBER Working Papers 6778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- André Sapir, 2000.
"EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Toward a New Paridigm?,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9), pages 1135-1148, September.
- André Sapir, 2000. "EC regionalism at the turn of the millennium: towards a new paradigm?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8140, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Sapir, André, 2000. "EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Towards a New Paradigm?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2629, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robin Naylor, 1999.
"Endogenous determination of trade regime and bargaining outcome,"
CSGR Working papers series
40/99, Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation (CSGR), University of Warwick.
- R. Naylor, 1999. "Endogenous determination of trade regime and bargaining outcome," Working Paper CRENoS 199910, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Aaditya Mattoo, 2000. "Developing Countries in the New Round of GATS Negotiations: Towards a Pro-Active Role," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(04), pages 471-489, April.
- William R. Cline, 1997. "Trade and Income Distribution," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 58.
- Wood Júnior, Thomaz, 1995. "Workers," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 35(2), March.
- Adrian Wood, 1995. "How Trade Hurt Unskilled Workers," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 57-80, Summer.
- Naylor, Robin, 1999.
"Union Wage Strategies and International Trade,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(452), pages 102-125, January.
- Naylor, Robin, 1997. "Union Wage Strategies and International Trade," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 480, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- André Sapir, 1996. "The harmonization of social policies: lessons from European integration," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8164, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Wellisch, Dietmar & Walz, Uwe, 1998. "Why do rich countries prefer free trade over free migration? The role of the modern welfare state," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(8), pages 1595-1612, September.
- Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2000. "Two Principles for the Next Round or, How to Bring Developing Countries in from the Cold," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(04), pages 437-454, April.
- Winter-Ebmer, Rudolf & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1998. "East-West Trade and Migration: The Austro-German Case," IZA Discussion Papers 2, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- World Bank, 2000. "World Development Indicators 2000," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13828, March.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57.
- Stephen Nickell, 1997. "Unemployment and Labor Market Rigidities: Europe versus North America," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 55-74, Summer.
- André Sapir & Mathias Dewatripont & Khalid Sekkat, 1999. "Trade and jobs in Europe: much ado about nothing?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8076, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Koeniger, Winfried, 2002. "Defensive Innovations," IZA Discussion Papers 454, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Daniele Checchi & Gianfranco De Simone & Riccardo Faini, 2007.
"Skilled Migration, FDI and Human Capital Investment,"
Development Working Papers
235, Centro Studi Luca d'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Daniele Checchi & Gianfranco De Simone & Riccardo Faini, 2007. "Skilled Migration, FDI and Human Capital Investment," UNIMI - Research Papers in Economics, Business, and Statistics unimi-1067, Universitá degli Studi di Milano.
- Checchi, Daniele & De Simone, Gianfranco & Faini, Riccardo, 2007. "Skilled Migration, FDI and Human Capital Investment," IZA Discussion Papers 2795, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thierry Verdier, 2005.
"Intégration commerciale « socialement responsable » : une approche en termes d'économie politique,"
Revue d’économie du développement,
De Boeck Université, vol. 13(4), pages 55-121.
- Thierry Verdier, 2005. "Intégration commerciale " socialement responsable " : une approche en termes d'économie politique," Post-Print halshs-00754061, HAL.
- Ethier, Wilfred J., 2005. "Globalization, globalisation: Trade, technology, and wages," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 237-258.
- Koeniger, Winfried, 2001. "Trade, Labor Market Rigidities, and Government-Financed Technological Change," IZA Discussion Papers 241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Forum Franco Allemand, 2000. "The Future of Banking in Europe," Working Papers 2000-22, CEPII research center.
- Chung, Heejung, 2005. "Different paths towards Flexibility, Deregulated employment protection or temporary employment?," MPRA Paper 2396, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2005.
More about this item
KeywordsInternational Migration; Labour Adjustment; Trade Liberalization;
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order and Integration
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- J60 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:2595. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.