Monetary Policy and Bank Profitability in a Low Interest Rate Environment: A Follow-up and a Rejoinder
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Itamar Drechsler & Alexi Savov & Philipp Schnabl, 2017. "The Deposits Channel of Monetary Policy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 132(4), pages 1819-1876.
- Bredl, Sebastian, 2018. "The role of non-performing loans for bank lending rates," Discussion Papers 52/2018, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- repec:bla:intfin:v:20:y:2017:i:1:p:48-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Elena Loukoianova & Gianni De Nicolo & John H. Boyd, 2009.
"Banking Crises and Crisis Dating; Theory and Evidence,"
IMF Working Papers
09/141, International Monetary Fund.
- John Boyd & Gianni De Nicolò & Elena Loukoianova, 2010. "Banking Crises and Crisis Dating: Theory and Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 3134, CESifo Group Munich.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta & Boris Hofmann, 2017.
"The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(1), pages 48-63, March.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta & Boris Hofmann, 2015. "The influence of monetary policy on bank profitability," BIS Working Papers 514, Bank for International Settlements.
- repec:eee:jmacro:v:54:y:2017:i:pb:p:217-231 is not listed on IDEAS
- Borio, Claudio & Gambacorta, Leonardo, 2017.
"Monetary policy and bank lending in a low interest rate environment: Diminishing effectiveness?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(PB), pages 217-231.
- Claudio Borio & Leonardo Gambacorta, 2017. "Monetary policy and bank lending in a low interest rate environment: diminishing effectiveness?," BIS Working Papers 612, Bank for International Settlements.
- Markus K. Brunnermeier & Yann Koby, 2018. "The Reversal Interest Rate," NBER Working Papers 25406, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsBank profitability; credit extension; Low interest rates; Net interest margin;
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2019-06-17 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2019-06-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MON-2019-06-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:13752. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.