Does Household Finance Matter? Small Financial Errors with Large Social Costs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Constantinides, George M & Duffie, Darrell, 1996. "Asset Pricing with Heterogeneous Consumers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(2), pages 219-240, April.
- Back, Kerry, 2010. "Asset Pricing and Portfolio Choice Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195380613.
- Richard H. Thaler & Shlomo Benartzi, 2004. "Save More Tomorrow (TM): Using Behavioral Economics to Increase Employee Saving," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(S1), pages 164-187, February.
- Robert Ready & Mariano Croce & Federico Gavazzoni & Riccardo Colacito, 2016.
"Currency Risk Factors in a Recursive Multi-Country Economy,"
2016 Meeting Papers
297, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Colacito, Riccardo & Croce, Mariano Massimiliano & Gavazzoni, Federico & Ready, Robert, 2018. "Currency Risk Factors in a Recursive Multicountry Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 12610, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Shlomo Benartzi & Richard Thaler, 2004. "Save more tomorrow: Using behavioral economics to increase employee saving," Natural Field Experiments 00337, The Field Experiments Website.
- Epstein, Larry G & Zin, Stanley E, 1989. "Substitution, Risk Aversion, and the Temporal Behavior of Consumption and Asset Returns: A Theoretical Framework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(4), pages 937-969, July.
More about this item
Keywordsfamiliarity bias; growth; Portfolio choice; social welfare; underdiversification;
- E03 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Macroeconomics
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- G02 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Behavioral Finance: Underlying Principles
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-DGE-2017-12-03 (Dynamic General Equilibrium)
- NEP-FDG-2017-12-03 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-FLE-2017-12-03 (Financial Literacy & Education)
- NEP-MAC-2017-12-03 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:12414. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.