Tobacco taxation in the European Union
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Delipalla, Sofia & Keen, Michael, 1992.
"The comparison between ad valorem and specific taxation under imperfect competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 351-367, December.
- Sofia Delipalla & Michael Keen, 1991. "The Comparison Between Ad Valorem and Specific Taxation under Imperfect Competition," Working Papers 821, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Keen, 1998. "The balance between specific and ad valorem taxation," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(1), pages 1-37, February.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1995.
"Cigarette Taxation and the Social Consequences of Smoking,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 9, pages 51-102
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- W. Kip Viscusi, 1994. "Cigarette Taxation and the Social Consequences of Smoking," NBER Working Papers 4891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gruber Jonathan H & Mullainathan Sendhil, 2005. "Do Cigarette Taxes Make Smokers Happier," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 5(1), pages 1-45, July.
- Sobel, Russell S & Garrett, Thomas A, 1997. "Taxation and Product Quality: New Evidence from Generic Cigarettes," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 880-887, August.
- Barzel, Yoram, 1976. "An Alternative Approach to the Analysis of Taxation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(6), pages 1177-1197, December.
- Jonathan Gruber & Botond Köszegi, 2001. "Is Addiction "Rational"? Theory and Evidence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(4), pages 1261-1303.
- Skeath, Susan E. & Trandel, Gregory A., 1994. "A Pareto comparison of ad valorem and unit taxes in noncompetitive environments," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 53-71, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28877 is not listed on IDEAS
- Donald A. P. Bundy & Nilanthi de Silva & Susan Horton & Dean T. Jamison & George C. Patton, 2017.
"Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition,"
World Bank Publications,
The World Bank, number 28876, March.
- Hellen Gelband & Prabhat Jha & Rengaswamy Sankaranarayanan & Susan Horton, 2015. "Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 22552.
- Dean T. Jamison & Hellen Gelband & Susan Horton & Prabhat Jha & Ramanan Laxminarayan & Charles N. Mock & Rachel Nugent, 2017. "Disease Control Priorities, Third Edition," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 28877, March.
- Haavio, Markus & Kotakorpi, Kaisa, 2011. "The political economy of sin taxes," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 575-594, May.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Loretz, Simon & Winner, Hannes, 2014.
"Tax Competition and Tax Coordination in the European Union: A Survey,"
Working Papers in Economics
2014-4, University of Salzburg.
- Keuschnigg, Christian & Loretz, Simon & Winner, Hannes, 2014. "Tax Competition and Tax Coordination in the European Union: A Survey," Economics Working Paper Series 1427, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Hiroaki Yamagami, 2009. "Health Effects, Tax Deductions for Medical Expenditure, and the Double Dividend," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 65(1), pages 105-121, March.
- Bas Jacobs, 2013. "From Optimal Tax Theory to Applied Tax Policy," CESifo Working Paper Series 4151, CESifo Group Munich.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2015.
"Smoking bans, cigarette prices and life satisfaction,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 176-194.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," IZA Discussion Papers 7177, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Reto Odermatt & Alois Stutzer, 2015. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," CREMA Working Paper Series 2015-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2014. "Smoking Bans, Cigarette Prices and Life Satisfaction," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100559, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Odermatt, Reto & Stutzer, Alois, 2013. "Smoking bans, cigarette prices and life satisfaction," Working papers 2013/07, Faculty of Business and Economics - University of Basel.
- Peter Schwarz, 2009. "Optionen einer rationalen Regulierung des Tabakkonsums: Die Vorteile eines liberalen Paternalismus," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 10(2), pages 235-251, May.
- Christian Ben Lakhdar & Nicolas Gérard Vaillant & François-Charles Wolff, 2016.
"Does smoke cross the border? Cigarette tax avoidance in France,"
The European Journal of Health Economics,
Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 17(9), pages 1073-1089, December.
- Christian Ben Lakhdar & Nicolas Gérard Vaillant & François-charles Wolff, 2015. "Does smoke cross the border? Cigarette tax avoidance in France," Post-Print hal-01533553, HAL.
- repec:kap:jincot:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10842-017-0244-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eip:journl:y:2017:i:2:p:93-115 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- H2 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
- H8 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2006-08-12 (European Economics)
- NEP-HEA-2006-08-12 (Health Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-08-12 (Public Economics)
- NEP-PUB-2006-08-12 (Public Finance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpb:discus:67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cpbgvnl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.