Common agency games with separable preferences
This paper examines the role of the revelation principle in common agency games. We show how the introduction of a separability condition on the preferences of the agent is sufficient for the revelation principle to hold. Therefore, it is still possible to restrict attention to direct mechanisms without any loss of generality even when competition over contracts is considered.
|Date of creation:||00 Dec 2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)|
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-50, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Martimort & Lars Stole, 2002.
"The Revelation and Delegation Principles in Common Agency Games,"
Econometric Society, vol. 70(4), pages 1659-1673, July.
- David Martimort & Lars Stole, 2001. "The Revelation and Delegation Principles in Common Agency Games," CESifo Working Paper Series 575, CESifo Group Munich.
- Alberto Bisin & Danilo Guaitoli, 2004.
"Moral Hazard and Nonexclusive Contracts,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 35(2), pages 306-328, Summer.
- Bisin, Alberto & Guaitoli, Danilo, 1998. "Moral Hazard and Non-Exclusive Contracts," CEPR Discussion Papers 1987, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Bisin & Danilo Guaitoli, 1998. "Moral hazard and non-exclusive contracts," Economics Working Papers 345, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Bisin, A. & Guaitoli, D., 1998. "Moral Hazard and Non-Exclusive Contracts," Working Papers 98-24, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Peters, Michael, 2001.
"Common Agency and the Revelation Principle,"
Econometric Society, vol. 69(5), pages 1349-72, September.
- Roger B. Myerson, 1977.
"Incentive Compatability and the Bargaining Problem,"
284, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Myerson, Roger B, 1979. "Incentive Compatibility and the Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(1), pages 61-73, January.
- Andrea Prat & Aldo Rustichini, 2003.
"Games Played Through Agents,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(4), pages 989-1026, 07.
- Attar Andrea & Campioni Eloisa & Piaser Gwenael, 2006.
"Multiple Lending and Constrained Efficiency in the Credit Market,"
The B.E. Journal of Theoretical Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-35, October.
- Andrea Attar & Eloisa Campioni & Gwen�el Piaser, 2006. "Multiple Lending and Constrained Efficiency in the Credit Market," Working Papers 2006_29, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Andrea, ATTAR & Eloisa, CAMPIONI & Gwenaël, PIASER, 2005. "Multiple Lending and Constrained Efficiency in the Credit Market," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2005024, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- ATTAR, Andrea & CAMPIONI, Eloisa & PIASER, Gwenaël, 2005. "Multiple lending and constrained efficiency in the credit market," CORE Discussion Papers 2005031, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Dixit, Avinash & Grossman, Gene M. & Helpman, Elhanan, 1997.
"Common Agency and Coordination: General Theory and Application to Government Policy Making,"
3450061, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Dixit, Avinash & Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1997. "Common Agency and Coordination: General Theory and Application to Government Policy Making," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 105(4), pages 752-69, August.
- Bruno Biais & David Martimort & Jean-Charles Rochet, 2000.
"Competing Mechanisms in a Common Value Environment,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 799-838, July.
- Biais, Bruno & Martimort, David & Rochet, Jean-Charles, 1998. "Competing Mechanisms in a Commun Value Environment," IDEI Working Papers 75, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2005:i:11:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gibbard, Allan, 1973. "Manipulation of Voting Schemes: A General Result," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 41(4), pages 587-601, July.
- Gwenael Piaser, 2005. "Stochastic and deterministic menus in common agency games," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(11), pages 1-6.
- Rama, Martin & Tabellim, Guido, 1998.
"Lobbying by capital and labor over trade and labor market policies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 42(7), pages 1295-1316, July.
- Martín Rama & Guido Tabellini, . "Lobbying by Capital and Labor over Trade and Labor Market Policies," Working Papers 94, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Laussel, Didier & Le Breton, Michel, 1998. "Efficient Private Production of Public Goods under Common Agency," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 194-218, November.
- Le Breton, Michel & Salanie, Francois, 2003. "Lobbying under political uncertainty," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(12), pages 2589-2610, December.
- Ilya Segal & Michael D. Whinston, 2003. "Robust Predictions for Bilateral Contracting with Externalities," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 71(3), pages 757-791, 05.
- Larry Epstein & Michael Peters, 1996.
"A Revelation Principle For Competing Mechanisms,"
peters-96-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Bernheim, B Douglas & Whinston, Michael D, 1986. "Common Agency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 923-42, July.
- Aidt, Toke S., 1998. "Political internalization of economic externalities and environmental policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Attar, Andrea & Piaser, Gwenael & Porteiro, Nicolas, 2007. "Negotiation and take-it or leave-it in common agency with non-contractible actions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 135(1), pages 590-593, July.
- Strausz, Roland, 2003. "Deterministic mechanisms and the revelation principle," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 333-337, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cor:louvco:2003102. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.