The Leverage Ratio and Its Impact on Capital Regulation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mikael Juselius & Mathias Drehmann, 2015. "Leverage dynamics and the real burden of debt," BIS Working Papers 501, Bank for International Settlements.
- Love, Inessa & Zicchino, Lea, 2006. "Financial development and dynamic investment behavior: Evidence from panel VAR," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 190-210, May.
- Aikman, David & Nelson, Benjamin & Tanaka, Misa, 2015.
"Reputation, risk-taking, and macroprudential policy,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 428-439.
- Aikman, David & Nelson, Benjamin & Tanaka, Misa, 2012. "Reputation, risk-taking and macroprudential policy," Bank of England working papers 462, Bank of England.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Pfeifer, Lukáš & Hodula, Martin, 2018.
"A profit-to-provisioning approach to setting the countercyclical capital buffer: the Czech example,"
ESRB Working Paper Series
82, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Lukas Pfeifer & Martin Hodula, 2018. "A Profit-to-Provisioning Approach to Setting the Countercyclical Capital Buffer: The Czech Example," Working Papers 2018/5, Czech National Bank.
- Jan Bruha & Jaromir Tonner, 2018.
"An Exchange Rate Floor as an Instrument of Monetary Policy: An Ex-Post Assessment of the Czech Experience,"
Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 68(6), pages 537-549, December.
- Jan Bruha & Jaromir Tonner, 2017. "An Exchange Rate Floor as an Instrument of Monetary Policy: An Ex-post Assessment of the Czech Experience," Working Papers 2017/04, Czech National Bank.
- Canova, Fabio & Ciccarelli, Matteo, 2013. "Panel vector autoregressive models: a survey," Working Paper Series 1507, European Central Bank.
- Andrews, Donald W. K. & Lu, Biao, 2001. "Consistent model and moment selection procedures for GMM estimation with application to dynamic panel data models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 101(1), pages 123-164, March.
- Pesaran, H. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol, 1998.
"Generalized impulse response analysis in linear multivariate models,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 17-29, January.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y., 1997. "Generalised Impulse Response Analysis in Linear Multivariate Models," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9710, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2009.
"Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(1), pages 435-480, January.
- Mitchell A. Petersen, 2005. "Estimating Standard Errors in Finance Panel Data Sets: Comparing Approaches," NBER Working Papers 11280, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georgoutsos, Dimitris & Moratis, George, 2017. "Bank-sovereign contagion in the Eurozone: A panel VAR Approach," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 146-159.
- Aikman, David & Galesic, Mirta & Gigerenzer, Gerd & Kapadia, Sujit & Katsikopolous, Konstantinos & Kothiyal, Amit & Murphy, Emma & Neumann, Tobias, 2014. "Taking Uncertainty Seriously: Simplicity versus Complexity in Financial Regulation," MPRA Paper 59908, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lukas Pfeiffer & Libor Holub & Zdenek Pithart & Martin Hodula, 2017. "Leverage Ratio and its Impact on the Resilience of the Banking Sector and Efficiency of Macroprudential Policy," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 67(4), pages 277-299, August.
- Vaclav Broz & Lukas Pfeifer & Dominika Kolcunova, 2017. "Are the Risk Weights of Banks in the Czech Republic Procyclical? Evidence from Wavelet Analysis," Working Papers 2017/15, Czech National Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dominika Kolcunová & Simona Malovaná, 2019.
"The Effect of Higher Capital Requirements on Bank Lending: The Capital Surplus Matters,"
Working Papers IES
2019/5, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2019.
- Dominika Kolcunova & Simona Malovana, 2019. "The Effect of Higher Capital Requirements on Bank Lending: The Capital Surplus Matters," Working Papers 2019/2, Czech National Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsCapital ratio; leverage ratio; macroprudential policy; regulation;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G28 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Government Policy and Regulation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2019-02-04 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2019-02-04 (Central Banking)
- NEP-RMG-2019-02-04 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cnb:wpaper:2018/15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jan Babecky). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cnbgvcz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.