Approximate Bias Correction in Econometrics
This paper discusses ways to reduce the bias of consistent estimators that are biased in finite samples. It is necessary only that the bias function, which relates parameter values to bias, should be estimable by computer simulation or by some other method. If so, bias can be reduced or even eliminated. Unfortunately, reducing bias may increase the variance of an estimator.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/
|Order Information:||Web: http://student-3k.tepper.cmu.edu/gsiadoc/GSIA_WP.asp|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gourieroux, C. & Monfort, A. & Renault, E., 1992.
92.279, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- Chesher, Andrew, 1995. "A Mirror Image Invariance for M-Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(1), pages 207-11, January.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D.A., 1993. "Alternative Bias Approximations in Regressions with a Lagged-Dependent Variable," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(01), pages 62-80, January.
- Russell Davidson & James G. Mackinnon, 1990. "Regression-Based Methods for Using Control and Antithetic Variates in Monte Carlo Experiments," Working Papers 781, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1992. "Regression-based methods for using control variates in Monte Carlo experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 203-222.
- Mackinnon, J.G. & Smith, A.A., 1996.
"Approximate Bias Correction in Econometrics,"
96a14, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- James G. MacKinnon & Anthony A. Smith Jr., 1995. "Approximate Bias Correction in Econometrics," Working Papers 919, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- James G. MacKinnon & Anthony A. Smith, Jr., . "Approximate Bias Correction in Econometrics," GSIA Working Papers 1997-36, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Phillips, Peter C. B., 1988. "The ET Interview: Professor James Durbin," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(01), pages 125-157, April.
- Sawa, Takamitsu, 1978. "The exact moments of the least squares estimator for the autoregressive model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 159-172, October.
- Tony Smith & Fallaw Sowell & Stanley Zin, .
"Fractional integration with Drift: Estimation in Small Samples,"
GSIA Working Papers
22, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Smith, Anthony A, Jr & Sowell, Fallaw & Zin, Stanley E, 1997. "Fractional Integration with Drift: Estimation in Small Samples," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 22(1), pages 103-16.
- Kiviet, Jan F. & Phillips, Garry D. A., 1994. "Bias assessment and reduction in linear error-correction models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 215-243, July.
- Orcutt, Guy H & Winokur, Herbert S, Jr, 1969. "First Order Autoregression: Inference, Estimation, and Prediction," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(1), pages 1-14, January.
- repec:cup:etheor:v:9:y:1993:i:1:p:62-80 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cup:etheor:v:10:y:1994:i:1:p:116-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chesher, Andrew & Peters, Simon, 1994. "Symmetry, Regression Design, and Sampling Distributions," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 116-129, March.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1993. "Exactly Median-Unbiased Estimation of First Order Autoregressive/Unit Root Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(1), pages 139-65, January.
- Smith, A A, Jr, 1993. "Estimating Nonlinear Time-Series Models Using Simulated Vector Autoregressions," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(S), pages S63-84, Suppl. De.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cmu:gsiawp:91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Spear)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.