Certain and Uncertain Utility: The Allais Paradox and Five Decision Theory Phenomena
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yoram Halevy, 2008.
"Strotz Meets Allais: Diminishing Impatience and the Certainty Effect,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 1145-1162, June.
- Halevy, Yoram, 2004. "Strotz meets Allais: Diminishing Impatience and the Certainty Effect," Microeconomics.ca working papers yoram_halevy-2004-16, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 25 Feb 2014.
- Chris Starmer, 2000. "Developments in Non-expected Utility Theory: The Hunt for a Descriptive Theory of Choice under Risk," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 332-382, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Breitmoser, Yves & Tan, Jonathan H.W., 2013. "Reference dependent altruism in demand bargaining," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 127-140.
- Hill, Ruth Vargas & Kumar, Neha & Magnan, Nicholas & Makhija, Simrin & de Nicola, Francesca & Spielman, David J. & Ward, Patrick S., 2017. "Insuring against droughts: Evidence on agricultural intensification and index insurance demand from a randomized evaluation in rural Bangladesh," IFPRI discussion papers 1630, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Fugger, Nicolas & Gillen, Philippe & Rasch, Alexander & Zeppenfeld, Christopher, 2017. "Preferences and decision support in competitive bidding," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-057, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Pamela Jakiela & Owen Ozier, 2015.
"The Impact of Violence on Individual Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Natural Experiment,"
HiCN Working Papers
204, Households in Conflict Network.
- Jakiela, Pamela & Ozier, Owen, 2016. "The Impact of Violence on Individual Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9870, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jakiela,Pamela & Ozier,Owen, 2015. "The impact of violence on individual risk preferences : evidence from a natural experiment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7440, The World Bank.
- Ulrich Schmidt & Horst Zank, 2013.
"Chance Theory: A Separation of Riskless and Risky Utility,"
The School of Economics Discussion Paper Series
1324, Economics, The University of Manchester.
- Schmidt, Ulrich & Zank, Horst, 2013. "Chance theory: A separation of riskless and risky utility," Kiel Working Papers 1874, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Platteau, Jean-Philippe & De Bock, Ombeline & Gelade, Wouter, 2017. "The Demand for Microinsurance: A Literature Review," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 139-156.
- Dertwinkel-Kalt, Markus & Wenzel, Tobias, 2015. "Attention and Endogenous Framing," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112971, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-02-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2010-02-20 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2010-02-20 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-HPE-2010-02-20 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-NEU-2010-02-20 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-UPT-2010-02-20 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:814577000000000447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.dklevine.com/ .