Business Start-ups, the Lock-in Effect, and Capital Gains Taxation
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ballard, Charles L & Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1985. "General Equilibrium Computations of the Marginal Welfare Costs of Taxes in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 128-38, March.
- Zoran Ivković & James Poterba & Scott Weisbenner, 2005.
"Tax-Motivated Trading by Individual Investors,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1605-1630, December.
- Marco Cagetti & Mariacristina De Nardi, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship, frictions, and wealth,"
Working Paper Series
WP-05-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Thomas J. Holmes & James A. Schmitz, 1995.
"On the turnover of business firms and business managers,"
545, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1995. "On the Turnover of Business Firms and Business Managers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(5), pages 1005-38, October.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1992. "On the Turnover of Business Firms and Business Managers," Working papers 9211, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- James A Schmitz & Thomas J Holmes, 1994. "On The Turnover of Business Firms and Business Managers," Working Papers 92-6, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Tobias J. Moskowitz & Annette Vissing-Jørgensen, 2005. "Testing Agency Theory with Entrepreneur Effort and Wealth," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(2), pages 539-576, 04.
- James M. Poterba, 1986.
"How Burdensome are Capital Gains Taxes?,"
NBER Working Papers
1871, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vincenzo Quadrini, 1997.
"Entrepreneurship, saving and social mobility,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
116, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Burman, Leonard E & Randolph, William C, 1994. "Measuring Permanent Responses to Capital-Gains Tax Changes in Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 794-809, September.
- S. Rao Aiyagari, 1994.
"Uninsured Idiosyncratic Risk and Aggregate Saving,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 659-684.
- Dammon, Robert M & Spatt, Chester S & Zhang, Harold H, 2001.
"Optimal Consumption and Investment with Capital Gains Taxes,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(3), pages 583-616.
- Chester Spatt & Robert Dammon & Harold Zhang, 1998. "Optimal Consumption and Investment with Capital Gains Taxes," GSIA Working Papers 1999-16, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- James M. Poterba, 1988.
"Venture Capital and Capital Gains Taxation,"
508, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Roger H. Gordon & Julie Berry Cullen, 2002. "Taxes and Entrepreneurial Activity: Theory and Evidence for the U.S," NBER Working Papers 9015, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evans, David S., 1986.
"Tests of Alternative Theories of Firm Growth,"
86-36, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Lazear, Edward, 2003. "Entrepreneurship," IZA Discussion Papers 760, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wenli Li, 1997. "Entrepreneurship and government subsidies under capital constraints: a general equilibrium analysis," Working Paper 97-09, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Balcer, Yves & Judd, Kenneth L, 1987. " Effects of Capital Gains Taxation on Life-Cycle Investment and Portfolio Management," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(3), pages 743-58, July.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1988.
"A Theory Of Enterpreneurship And Its Application To The Study Of Business Transfers,"
8827, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990. "A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-94, April.
- William M. Gentry & R. Glenn Hubbard, 2000. "Entrepreneurship and Household Saving," NBER Working Papers 7894, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Supply-Side Economics: An Analytical Review," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 42(2), pages 293-316, April.
- Auten, Gerald E. & Burman, Leonard E. & Randolph, William C., 1989. "Estimation and Interpretation of Capital Gains Realization Behavior: Evidence from Panel Data," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 42(3), pages 353-74, September.
- Bogart, William T & Gentry, William M, 1995. "Capital Gains Taxes and Realizations: Evidence from Interstate Comparisons," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 267-82, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:levarc:506439000000000222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.