Advertising and Coordination in Markets with Consumption Scale Effects
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- C. Robert Clark & Ignatius J. Horstmann, 2005. "Advertising and Coordination in Markets with Consumption Scale Effects," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 377-401, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2002.
"Comsumption Externalities, Coordination, and Advertising,"
International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 43(3), pages 919-943, August.
- Pastine, Ivan & Pastine, Tuvana, 2001. "Consumption Externalities, Coordination and Advertising," CEPR Discussion Papers 2867, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta & Naufel J. Vilcassim, 1992. "An Empirical Investigation of Advertising Strategies in a Dynamic Duopoly," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 38(9), pages 1230-1244, September.
- Pradeep K. Chintagunta, 1993. "Investigating the Sensitivity of Equilibrium Profits to Advertising Dynamics and Competitive Effects," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(9), pages 1146-1162, September.
- Bental, Benjamin & Spiegel, Menahem, 1995. "Network Competition, Product Quality, and Market Coverage in the Presence of Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(2), pages 197-208, June.
- Bagwell, Kyle & Ramey, Garey, 1994. "Coordination Economies, Advertising, and Search Behavior in Retail Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(3), pages 498-517, June.
- Maurice W. Sasieni, 1989. "Optimal Advertising Strategies," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(4), pages 358-370.
- Horstmann, Ignatius J & MacDonald, Glenn M, 1994. "When Is Advertising a Signal of Product Quality?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(3), pages 561-584, Fall.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-754, July/Aug..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pepall, Lynne & Reiff, Joseph, 2016.
"The “Veblen” effect, targeted advertising and consumer welfare,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 218-220.
- Lynne Pepall & Joseph Reiff, 2016. "The "Veblen" Effect, Targeted Advertising and Consumer Welfare," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0815, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Chen, Jihui & Waters, George, 2017. "Firm efficiency, advertising and profitability: Theory and evidence," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 240-248.
- Ivan Pastine & Tuvana Pastine, 2011. "Coordination In Markets With Consumption Externalities: Advertising And Product Quality," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 79(1), pages 45-62, January.
- Pastine, Ivan & Pastine, Tuvana, 2005. "Coordination in Markets with Consumption Externalities: The Role of Advertising and Product Quality," CEPR Discussion Papers 5152, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- C. Robert Clark & Ignatius J. Horstmann, 2013. "A model of advertising format competition: on the use of celebrities in ads," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 46(4), pages 1606-1630, November.
- Kretschmer, Tobias & Rösner, Mariana, 2010. "Increasing Dominance - the Role of Advertising, Pricing and Product Design," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 11500, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Sahuguet, Nicolas, 2011. "A model of repeat advertising," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 111(1), pages 20-22, April.
More about this item
Keywordsadvertising; coordination; beliefs; publicité; coordination; croyances;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2004-06-07 (Industrial Competition)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cir:cirwor:2004s-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ciranca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.