I'm Not a High-Quality Firm -- But I Play One on TV
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- KISS Marietta & KUN Andras Istvan, 2014. "Analysis Of The Signaling Hypothesis In Higher Education Marketing Via Classroom Experiment," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 1005-1012, July.
- Ignatius Horstmann & Sridhar Moorthy, 2003. "Advertising Spending and Quality for Services: The Role of Capacity," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 337-365, September.
- Ruiz-Aliseda, Francisco, 2009. "Misinformative advertising," IESE Research Papers D/809, IESE Business School.
- Daughety, Andrew F. & Reinganum, Jennifer F., 2007.
"Competition and confidentiality: Signaling quality in a duopoly when there is universal private information,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 94-120, January.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2004. "Competition and Confidentiality: Signaling Quality in a Duopoly when there is Universal Private Information," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0417, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Taylor Randall & Karl Ulrich & David Reibstein, 1998. "Brand Equity and Vertical Product Line Extent," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 356-379.
- Nick Feltovich & Rick Harbaugh & Ted To, "undated". "Signaling and Countersignaling: A Theory of Understatement," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-21, Claremont Colleges.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2008.
"Imperfect competition and quality signalling,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
RAND Corporation, vol. 39(1), pages 163-183.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2005. "Imperfect Competition and Quality Signaling," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0520, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- TRUYTS, Tom, 2012. "Stochastic signaling: information substitutes and complements," CORE Discussion Papers 2012022, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- de Haan, Thomas & Offerman, Theo & Sloof, Randolph, 2011. "Noisy signaling: Theory and experiment," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 402-428.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2012.
"Signaling in deterministic and stochastic settings,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 39-55.
- Thomas D. Jeitschko & Hans-Theo Normann, 2009. "Signaling in Deterministic and Stochastic Settings," Royal Holloway, University of London: Discussion Papers in Economics 09/12, Department of Economics, Royal Holloway University of London.
- Jeitschko, Thomas D. & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2011. "Signaling in deterministic and stochastic settings," DICE Discussion Papers 35, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2005.
"Secrecy and Safety,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(4), pages 1074-1091, September.
- Andrew Daughety & Jennifer Reinganum, "undated". "Secrecy and Safety," American Law & Economics Association Annual Meetings 1039, American Law & Economics Association.
- Andrew F. Daughety & Jennifer F. Reinganum, 2003. "Secrecy and Safety," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 0317, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics, revised Sep 2003.
- Jennifer F. Reinganum & Andrew F. Daughety, 2004. "Secrecy and Safety," Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings 53, Econometric Society.
- Moorthy, Sridhar & Hawkins, Scott A., 2005. "Advertising repetition and quality perception," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 354-360, March.
- Dragan Filipovich, 2001. "Price dynamics in a two-period reputation model," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 16(2), pages 185-201.
- Utaka, Atsuo, 2008. "Pricing strategy, quality signaling, and entry deterrence," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 878-888, July.
- Ian McCarthy, 2008. "Simulating Sequential Search Models with Genetic Algorithms: Analysis of Price Ceilings, Taxes, Advertising and Welfare," Caepr Working Papers 2008-010, Center for Applied Economics and Policy Research, Economics Department, Indiana University Bloomington.
- Haiyan Liu, 2016. "A Structural Model of Advertising Signaling and Social Learning: The Case of the Motion Picture Industry," Working Papers 0216, University of South Florida, Department of Economics.
- Jie Bai, 2016. "Melons as Lemons: Asymmetric Information, Consumer Learning and Seller Reputation," Natural Field Experiments 00540, The Field Experiments Website.
- Moraga-Gonzalez, Jose Luis, 2000. "Quality uncertainty and informative advertising," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 615-640, May.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:55:y:2017:i:c:p:91-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Moraga González, José Luis, 1997. "Quality uncetainty and informative advertising," UC3M Working papers. Economics 6040, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- repec:kap:qmktec:v:15:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11129-016-9177-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kim, Jeong-Yoo, 2002. "Product compatibility as a signal of quality in a market with network externalities," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 949-964, September.
- Silvia Martínez-Gorricho, 2012. "Beneficial consumer fraud," Working Papers. Serie AD 2012-13, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ennio Bilancini & Leonardo Boncinelli, 2014. "Small Noise in Signaling Selects Pooling on Minimum Signal," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 101, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rje:randje:v:24:y:1993:i:summer:p:236-247. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.rje.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.