When Is Advertising a Signal of Product Quality?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Linnemer, Laurent, 2002.
"Price and advertising as signals of quality when some consumers are informed,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 20(7), pages 931-947, September.
- Laurent Linnemer, 2002. "Price and advertising as signals of quality when some consumers are informed," Post-Print hal-01629769, HAL.
- Ignatius Horstmann & Sridhar Moorthy, 2003. "Advertising Spending and Quality for Services: The Role of Capacity," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 337-365, September.
- repec:eee:indorg:v:56:y:2018:i:c:p:26-48 is not listed on IDEAS
- C. Robert Clark & Ignatius J. Horstmann, 2005.
"Advertising and Coordination in Markets with Consumption Scale Effects,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(2), pages 377-401, June.
- Robert Clark & Ignatius J. Horstmann, 2004. "Advertising and Coordination in Markets with Consumption Scale Effects," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-35, CIRANO.
- Moorthy, Sridhar & Hawkins, Scott A., 2005. "Advertising repetition and quality perception," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 354-360, March.
- Dmitri Kuksov & Ron Shachar & Kangkang Wang, 2013. "Advertising and Consumers' Communications," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(2), pages 294-309, March.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:155:y:2018:i:c:p:159-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Israel, 2005. "Services as Experience Goods: An Empirical Examination of Consumer Learning in Automobile Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 95(5), pages 1444-1463, December.
- Jie Bai, 2016. "Melons as Lemons: Asymmetric Information, Consumer Learning and Seller Reputation," Natural Field Experiments 00540, The Field Experiments Website.
- Dana, James D, Jr, 2001.
"Competition in Price and Availability When Availability is Unobservable,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 32(3), pages 497-513, Autumn.
- James D. Dana, 2000. "Competition in Price and Availability when Availability is Unobservable," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1450, Econometric Society.
- Eric Schmidbauer, 2013. "New and Improved?," Working Papers 2013-01, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Nitin Mehta & Surendra Rajiv & Kannan Srinivasan, 2003. "Price Uncertainty and Consumer Search: A Structural Model of Consideration Set Formation," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 22(1), pages 58-84, June.
- Laurent Linnemer, 2008. "Dissipative Advertising Signals Quality even without Repeat Purchases," CESifo Working Paper Series 2310, CESifo Group Munich.
- Laurent Linnemer, 2008. "Dissipative Advertising Signals Quality Even Without Repeat Purchases," Working Papers 2008-18, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- repec:eee:ejores:v:275:y:2019:i:1:p:361-373 is not listed on IDEAS
- Horstmann, Ignatius & MacDonald, Glenn, 2003. "Is advertising a signal of product quality? Evidence from the compact disc player market, 1983-1992," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 317-345, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jemstr:v:3:y:1994:i:3:p:561-84. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/research/journals/JEMS/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.