Planning Marketing Channels: Case of the Olive Oil Agribusiness in Portugal
TMarketing channels play an important role in the competitiveness of agribusiness value chains. Thus, this paper proposes a model for planning marketing channels in agribusiness that also considers transaction costs. This model is developed in two steps, diagnostic and decision, and is applied to the olive oil agribusiness in Portugal. The diagnostic step includes analysis of the agribusiness chain value, marketing channels, transaction characteristics and institutional environment. The decision step fits the information from the diagnostic into a qualitative cost/benefit analysis, based on a multi-criteria problem of ordering preferences.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (351) 266 740 869
Web page: http://www.cefage.uevora.pt
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F., 1998.
"Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum,"
11651, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Peterson, H. Christopher & Wysocki, Allen F. & Harsh, Stephen B., 2001. "Strategic Choice Along The Vertical Coordination Continuum," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association (IAMA), vol. 4(02).
- Almeida-Dias, J. & Figueira, J.R. & Roy, B., 2010. "Electre Tri-C: A multiple criteria sorting method based on characteristic reference actions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 204(3), pages 565-580, August.
- Jill E. Hobbs & Linda M. Young, 1999.
"Increasing Vertical Linkages in Agrifood Supply Chains: A Conceptual Model and Some Preliminary Evidence,"
Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie,
Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 47(4), pages 478-478, December.
- Hobbs, Jill E. & Young, Linda M., 1999. "Increasing Vertical Linkages In Agrifood Supply Chains: A Conceptual Model And Some Preliminary Evidence," Trade Research Center Policy Issues Papers 29166, Montana State University, Department of Agricultural Economics and Economics.
- Roy, Bernard, 1993. "Decision science or decision-aid science?," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 184-203, April.
- Sartorius, Kurt & Kirsten, Johann, 2007. "A framework to facilitate institutional arrangements for smallholder supply in developing countries: An agribusiness perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(5-6), pages 640-655.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cfe:wpcefa:2013_07. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Angela Pacheco)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.