Tax Deductibility of Commuting Expenses and Residential Land Use with more than one Center
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wrede, Matthias, 2001. "Should Commuting Expenses Be Tax Deductible? A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 80-99, January.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K. C. Tsui & John Whalley, 2001. "Ownership and Use Taxes as Congestion Correcting Instruments," NBER Working Papers 8278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Calthrop, 2001. "On Subsidising Auto-Commuting," CESifo Working Paper Series 566, CESifo Group Munich.
- Matthias Wrede, 2000. "Tax Deductibility of Commuting Expenses and Leisures: On the Tax Treatment of Time-Saving Expenditure," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(2), pages 216-216, March.
- Wildasin, David E., 1986. "Spatial variation of the marginal utility of income and unequal treatment of equals," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 125-129, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borck, Rainald & Wrede, Matthias, 2005.
"Political economy of commuting subsidies,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 478-499, May.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 445, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1339, CESifo Group Munich.
- Heuermann, Daniel F. & Assmann, Franziska & vom Berge, Philipp & Freund, Florian, 2017.
"The distributional effect of commuting subsidies - Evidence from geo-referenced data and a large-scale policy reform,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 11-24.
- Freund, Florian & Hawranek, Franziska & vom Berge, Philipp & Heuermann, Daniel F., 2015. "The Distributional Effect of Commuting Subsidies - Evidence from Geo-Referenced Data and Large-Scale Policy Reform," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 114560, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Johannes Bröcker & Jean Mercenier, 2011.
"General Equilibrium Models for Transportation Economics,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brocker J. & Mercenier J., 2008. "General equilibrium models for transportation economics," Working Papers ERMES 0807, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Wolfram F. Richter & Peter Bareis & Matthias Wrede & Martin Gasche, 2004. "Ist die Abschaffung der Entfernungspauschale ökonomisch sinnvoll?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 57(05), pages 5-19, March.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Maconi, Laura & Shirvani, Tara & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 2-45.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome tax; relief; residential land use; labor mobility; commuting expenses; optimum taxation;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-06-02 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-06-02 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2004-05-09 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2004-05-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.