Tax Deductibility of Commuting Expenses and Residential Land Use with more than one Center
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wrede, Matthias, 2001. "Should Commuting Expenses Be Tax Deductible? A Welfare Analysis," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(1), pages 80-99, January.
- Ngee-Choon Chia & Albert K. C. Tsui & John Whalley, 2001. "Ownership and Use Taxes as Congestion Correcting Instruments," NBER Working Papers 8278, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward Calthrop, 2001. "On Subsidising Auto-Commuting," CESifo Working Paper Series 566, CESifo Group Munich.
- Matthias Wrede, 2000. "Tax Deductibility of Commuting Expenses and Leisures: On the Tax Treatment of Time-Saving Expenditure," FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis, Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 57(2), pages 216-216, March.
- Wildasin, David E., 1986. "Spatial variation of the marginal utility of income and unequal treatment of equals," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 125-129, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Borck, Rainald & Wrede, Matthias, 2005.
"Political economy of commuting subsidies,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 478-499, May.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 445, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Rainald Borck & Matthias Wrede, 2004. "Political Economy of Commuting Subsidies," CESifo Working Paper Series 1339, CESifo Group Munich.
- Johannes Bröcker & Jean Mercenier, 2011.
"General Equilibrium Models for Transportation Economics,"
Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 2
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Brocker J. & Mercenier J., 2008. "General equilibrium models for transportation economics," Working Papers ERMES 0807, ERMES, University Paris 2.
- Wolfram F. Richter & Peter Bareis & Matthias Wrede & Martin Gasche, 2004. "Ist die Abschaffung der Entfernungspauschale ökonomisch sinnvoll?," ifo Schnelldienst, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 57(05), pages 5-19, March.
- Santos, Georgina & Behrendt, Hannah & Maconi, Laura & Shirvani, Tara & Teytelboym, Alexander, 2010. "Part I: Externalities and economic policies in road transport," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 2-45.
- Heuermann, Daniel F. & Assmann, Franziska & vom Berge, Philipp & Freund, Florian, 2017.
"The distributional effect of commuting subsidies - Evidence from geo-referenced data and a large-scale policy reform,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, pages 11-24.
- Freund, Florian & Hawranek, Franziska & vom Berge, Philipp & Heuermann, Daniel F., 2015. "The Distributional Effect of Commuting Subsidies - Evidence from Geo-Referenced Data and Large-Scale Policy Reform," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 114560, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
KeywordsIncome tax; relief; residential land use; labor mobility; commuting expenses; optimum taxation;
- H21 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Efficiency; Optimal Taxation
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R13 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - General Equilibrium and Welfare Economic Analysis of Regional Economies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2004-06-02 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2004-06-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-06-02 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2004-05-09 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2004-05-09 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_972. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .