Data brokers co-opetition
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Shy, Oz & Stenbacka, Rune, 2013.
"Investment in customer recognition and information exchange,"
Information Economics and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 92-106.
- Rune Stenbacka & Oz Shy, 2012. "Investment in customer recognition and information exchange," Working Papers 12-4, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, revised 2012.
- Pagano, Marco & Jappelli, Tullio, 1993. " Information Sharing in Credit Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1693-1718, December.
- Esteves, Rosa-Branca, 2010. "Pricing with customer recognition," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 669-681, November.
- Rosa-Branca Esteves & Helder Vasconcelos, 2015.
"Price Discrimination under Customer Recognition and Mergers,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 523-549, September.
- Rosa Branca Esteves & Hélder Vasconcelos, 2009. "Price Discrimination under Customer Recognition and Mergers," NIPE Working Papers 23/2009, NIPE - Universidade do Minho.
- Esteves, Rosa Branca & Vasconcelos, Helder, 2010. "Price Discrimination under Customer Recognition and Mergers," CEPR Discussion Papers 7683, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Montes, Rodrigo & Sand-Zantman, Wilfried & Valletti, Tommaso M., 2015. "The value of personal information in online markets with endogenous privacy," TSE Working Papers 15-583, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE), revised May 2017.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Josh Lerner & Scott Stern, 2007. "Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 7," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number jaff07-1, July.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 2002.
"Information sharing, lending and defaults: Cross-country evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(10), pages 2017-2045, October.
- Jappelli, Tullio & Pagano, Marco, 1999. "Information Sharing, Lending and Defaults: Cross-Country Evidence," CEPR Discussion Papers 2184, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tullio Jappelli & Marco Pagano, 1999. "Information Sharing, Lending and Defaults: Cross-Country Evidence," CSEF Working Papers 22, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Paul Belleflamme & Wing Man Wynne Lam & Wouter Vergote, 2017.
"Price Discrimination and Dispersion under Asymmetric Profiling of Consumers,"
- Paul Belleflamme & Wing Man Wynne Lam & Wouter Vergote, 2017. "Price Discrimination and Dispersion under Asymmetric Profiling of Consumers," AMSE Working Papers 1713, Aix-Marseille School of Economics, France.
- Josh Lerner & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Efficient Patent Pools," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 691-711, June.
- David Bounie & Antoine Dubus & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2018. "Selling Strategic Information in Digital Competitive Markets," Working Papers hal-01794886, HAL.
- Byung-Cheol Kim & Jay Pil Choi, 2010.
"Customer Information Sharing: Strategic Incentives and New Implications,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 403-433, June.
- Byung-Cheol Kim & Jay Pil Choi, 2007. "Customer Infomation Sharing: Strategic Incentives and New Implications," Working Papers 07-27, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti & NIkolaus Thumm, 2017. "The Role of Patents in Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs). A survey of the Literature," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0212, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Raith, Michael, 1996. "A General Model of Information Sharing in Oligopoly," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 260-288, October.
- Jin‐Hyuk Kim & Liad Wagman & Abraham L. Wickelgren, 2019. "The impact of access to consumer data on the competitive effects of horizontal mergers and exclusive dealing," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(3), pages 373-391, June.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Josh Lerner & Scott Stern (ed.), 2007. "Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 7," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262600706.
- Oz Shy & Rune Stenbacka, 2016. "Customer Privacy and Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 539-562, September.
- David Bounie & Antoine Dubus & Patrick Waelbroeck, 2018. "Selling Strategic Information in Digital Competitive Markets," CESifo Working Paper Series 7078, CESifo Group Munich.
- J. Miguel Villas-Boas, 1999. "Dynamic Competition with Customer Recognition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 30(4), pages 604-631, Winter.
- Jean-Pierre Dubé & Sanjog Misra, 2017. "Scalable Price Targeting," NBER Working Papers 23775, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 2000.
"Customer Poaching and Brand Switching,"
RAND Journal of Economics,
The RAND Corporation, vol. 31(4), pages 634-657, Winter.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1999. "Customer Poaching and Brand Switching," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1871, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Benjamin Reed Shiller, 2013. "First Degree Price Discrimination Using Big Data," Working Papers 58, Brandeis University, Department of Economics and International Businesss School, revised Jan 2014.
- Ramon Casadesus-Masanell & Andres Hervas-Drane, 2015. "Competing with Privacy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 61(1), pages 229-246, January.
- Vincent Conitzer & Curtis R. Taylor & Liad Wagman, 2012. "Hide and Seek: Costly Consumer Privacy in a Market with Repeat Purchases," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(2), pages 277-292, March.
- Clavorà Braulin, Francesco & Valletti, Tommaso, 2016. "Selling customer information to competing firms," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 149(C), pages 10-14.
- Stefano Comino & Fabio M. Manenti & Nikolaus Thumm, 2019. "The Role Of Patents In Information And Communication Technologies: A Survey Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 404-430, April.
- Liu, Qihong & Serfes, Konstantinos, 2006. "Customer information sharing among rival firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(6), pages 1571-1600, August.
- Miller, Amalia R. & Tucker, Catherine, 2014. "Health information exchange, system size and information silos," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 28-42.
- Gehrig, Thomas & Stenbacka, Rune, 2007. "Information sharing and lending market competition with switching costs and poaching," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 77-99, January.
More about this item
Keywordsdata brokers; personal information; privacy; co-opetition;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- L13 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Oligopoly and Other Imperfect Markets
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2019-03-11 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-IND-2019-03-11 (Industrial Organization)
- NEP-MIC-2019-03-11 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_7523. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.