Do More Effective Teachers Earn More Outside of the Classroom?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris, Douglas N. & Sass, Tim R., 2011.
"Teacher training, teacher quality and student achievement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(7-8), pages 798-812, August.
- Harris, Douglas N. & Sass, Tim R., 2011. "Teacher training, teacher quality and student achievement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 95(7), pages 798-812.
- Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2008. "Estimating Teacher Impacts on Student Achievement: An Experimental Evaluation," NBER Working Papers 14607, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Scafidi Benjamin & Sjoquist David L. & Stinebrickner Todd R., 2006.
"Do Teachers Really Leave for Higher Paying Jobs in Alternative Occupations?,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-44, December.
- Benjamin Scafidi & David L. Sjoquist & Todd R. Stinebrickner, 2005. "Do Teachers Really Leave for Higher Paying Jobs in Alternative Occupations?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20055, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Michael Podgursky & Ruttaya Tongrut, 2006. "(Mis-)Measuring the Relative Pay of Public School Teachers," Education Finance and Policy, MIT Press, vol. 1(4), pages 425-440, September.
- Caroline M. Hoxby & Andrew Leigh, 2004. "Pulled Away or Pushed Out? Explaining the Decline of Teacher Aptitude in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 236-240, May.
- Jonah E. Rockoff & Brian A. Jacob & Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2011.
"Can You Recognize an Effective Teacher When You Recruit One?,"
Education Finance and Policy,
MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 43-74, January.
- Jonah E. Rockoff & Brian A. Jacob & Thomas J. Kane & Douglas O. Staiger, 2008. "Can You Recognize an Effective Teacher When You Recruit One?," NBER Working Papers 14485, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dale Ballou & Michael Podgursky, 1996. "Teacher Pay and Teacher Quality," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number tptq, November.
- Boardman, Anthony E. & Darling-Hammond, Linda & Mullin, Stephen P., 1982. "A framework for the analysis of teachers' demand and supply," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 127-155, April.
- Richard J. Murnane & Randall J. Olsen, 1990. "The Effects of Salaries and Opportunity Costs on Length of Stay in Teaching: Evidence from North Carolina," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(1), pages 106-124.
- Dolton, Peter J & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1995. "Leaving Teaching in the UK: A Duration Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 431-444, March.
- Todd R. Stinebrickner, 2002. "An Analysis of Occupational Change and Departure from the Labor Force: Evidence of the Reasons that Teachers Leave," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(1), pages 192-216.
- Podgursky, Michael & Monroe, Ryan & Watson, Donald, 2004. "The academic quality of public school teachers: an analysis of entry and exit behavior," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 507-518, October.
- Peter Dolton & Wilbert van der Klaauw, 1999. "The Turnover of Teachers: A Competing Risks Explanation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 543-550, August.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Good teachers earn more in new jobs
by Joanne in Linking and Thinking on Education by Joanne Jacobs on 2010-04-25 15:15:57
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hof, Stefanie & Strupler Leiser, Mirjam & Wolter, Stefan C., 2011. "Career Changers in Teaching Jobs: A Case Study Based on the Swiss Vocational Education System," IZA Discussion Papers 5806, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Stefanie Hof & Mirjam Strupler & Stefan C. Wolter, 2011. "Quereinsteiger in den Lehrberuf am Beispiel der schweizerischen Berufsbildung," Economics of Education Working Paper Series 0059, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Chingos, Matthew M. & West, Martin R., 2011. "Promotion and reassignment in public school districts: How do schools respond to differences in teacher effectiveness?," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 419-433, June.
- Chingos, Matthew M. & Peterson, Paul E., 2011. "It's easier to pick a good teacher than to train one: Familiar and new results on the correlates of teacher effectiveness," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 449-465, June.
More about this item
- I20 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - General
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J45 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Public Sector Labor Markets
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_2996. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .