How will baby boomer retirements affect teacher labor markets?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles T. Clotfelter & Elizabeth J. Glennie & Helen F. Ladd & Jacob L. Vigdor, 2008. "Teacher Bonuses and Teacher Retention in Low-Performing Schools," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(1), pages 63-87, January.
- Steven G. Rivkin & Eric A. Hanushek & John F. Kain, 2005. "Teachers, Schools, and Academic Achievement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 73(2), pages 417-458, March.
- Eric A. Hanushek & EJohn F. Kain & Steven G. Rivkin, 2004. "Why Public Schools Lose Teachers," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 39(2).
- Richard J. Murnane & Randall J. Olsen, 1990. "The Effects of Salaries and Opportunity Costs on Length of Stay in Teaching: Evidence from North Carolina," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 25(1), pages 106-124.
- Jonah E. Rockoff, 2004. "The Impact of Individual Teachers on Student Achievement: Evidence from Panel Data," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 247-252, May.
- Daniel Aaronson & Daniel G. Sullivan, 2002. "Growth in worker quality," Chicago Fed Letter, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Feb.
- Scafidi Benjamin & Sjoquist David L. & Stinebrickner Todd R., 2006.
"Do Teachers Really Leave for Higher Paying Jobs in Alternative Occupations?,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 6(1), pages 1-44, December.
- Benjamin Scafidi & David L. Sjoquist & Todd R. Stinebrickner, 2005. "Do Teachers Really Leave for Higher Paying Jobs in Alternative Occupations?," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20055, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Jan Ondrich & Emily Pas & John Yinger, 2008. "The Determinants of Teacher Attrition in Upstate New York," Public Finance Review, , vol. 36(1), pages 112-144, January.
- Dolton, Peter J & van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1995. "Leaving Teaching in the UK: A Duration Analysis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 431-444, March.
- Stinebrickner, Todd R., 1998. "An Empirical Investigation of Teacher Attrition," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 127-136, April.
- Harris, Douglas N. & Adams, Scott J., 2007. "Understanding the level and causes of teacher turnover: A comparison with other professions," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 325-337, June.
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2007.
"Teachers and Student Achievement in the Chicago Public High Schools,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 25, pages 95-135.
- Daniel Aaronson & Lisa Barrow & William Sander, 2002. "Teachers and student achievement in the Chicago public high schools," Working Paper Series WP-02-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Sean P. Corcoran & William N. Evans & Robert M. Schwab, 2004. "Women, the labor market, and the declining relative quality of teachers," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(3), pages 449-470.
- Podgursky, Michael & Monroe, Ryan & Watson, Donald, 2004. "The academic quality of public school teachers: an analysis of entry and exit behavior," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 507-518, October.
- Peter Dolton & Wilbert van der Klaauw, 1999. "The Turnover of Teachers: A Competing Risks Explanation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 543-550, August.
- Donald Boyd & Hamilton Lankford & Susanna Loeb & James Wyckoff, 2005. "The draw of home: How teachers' preferences for proximity disadvantage urban schools," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(1), pages 113-132.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Robert G. Valletta & K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus, 2014.
"Lost In Translation? Teacher Training And Outcomes In High School Economics Classes,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(4), pages 695-709, October.
- Valletta, Robert G. & Hoff, K. Jody & Lopus, Jane S., 2012. "Lost in Translation? Teacher Training and Outcomes in High School Economics Classes," IZA Discussion Papers 6402, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Robert G. Valletta & K. Jody Hoff & Jane S. Lopus, 2012. "Lost in translation? teacher training and outcomes in high school economics classes," Working Paper Series 2012-03, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedhep:y:2009:i:qiv:p:2-15:n:v.33no.4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernie Flores). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbchus.html .