Scylla and Charybdis. The European Economy and Poland's Adherence to Gold, 1928-1936
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Wolf, Nikolaus, 2007. "Scylla and Charybdis: the European economy and Poland's adherence to gold, 1928-1936," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19659, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eichengreen, Barry, 1996.
"Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195101133.
- Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Golden Fetters: The Gold Standard and the Great Depression, 1919-1939," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number eich92-1.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Wolf, Nikolaus, 2005. "Path dependent border effects: the case of Poland's reunification (1918-1939)," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 414-438, July.
- Klein, Michael W. & Marion, Nancy P., 1997. "Explaining the duration of exchange-rate pegs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 387-404, December.
- Michael Bordo & Michael Edelstein, 1999. "Was Adherence to the Gold Standard a "Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval" During the Interwar Period?," NBER Working Papers 7186, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- repec:mes:challe:v:27:y:1984:i:2:p:59-61 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wandschneider, Kirsten, 2008.
"The Stability of the Interwar Gold Exchange Standard: Did Politics Matter?,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 68(01), pages 151-181, March.
- Kirsten Wandschneider, 2005. "The Stability of the Inter-war Gold Exchange Standard. Did Politics Matter?," Middlebury College Working Paper Series 0518, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
More about this item
KeywordsGold-Exchange Standard; Interwar Period; Europe; Poland;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E44 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Financial Markets and the Macroeconomy
- N14 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - Europe: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2007-12-15 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2007-12-15 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2007-12-15 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cep:cepdps:dp0834. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://cep.lse.ac.uk/_new/publications/series.asp?prog=CEP .