Explaining the duration of exchange-rate pegs
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Rodrik, Dani, 1993. "Trade Liberalization in Disinflation," CEPR Discussion Papers 832, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Krugman, Paul, 1979. "A Model of Balance-of-Payments Crises," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 11(3), pages 311-325, August.
- Heller, H Robert, 1978. "Determinants of Exchange Rate Practices," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 10(3), pages 308-321, August.
- Gilbert E. Metcalf, 2006. "Value-Added Tax," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0608, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Robert Flood & Nancy Marion, 1994. "The Size and Timing of Devaluations in Capital-Controlled Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 4957, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wyplosz, Charles, 1986. "Capital controls and balance of payments crises," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 167-179, June.
- Holden, Paul & Holden, Merle & Suss, Esther C, 1979. "The Determinants of Exchange Rate Flexibility: An Empirical Investigation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 61(3), pages 327-333, August.
- Blanco, Herminio & Garber, Peter M, 1986. "Recurrent Devaluation and Speculative Attacks on the Mexican Peso," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(1), pages 148-166, February.
- Goldberg, Linda S., 1994.
"Predicting exchange rate crises : Mexico revisited,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3-4), pages 413-430, May.
- Goldberg, Linda S., 1990. "Predicting Exchange Rate Crises: Mexico Revisited," Working Papers 90-11, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Linda S. Goldberg, 1990. "Predicting Exchange Rate Crises: Mexico Revisited," NBER Working Papers 3320, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J. & Singer, Burton, 1984. "Econometric duration analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 63-132.
- Flood, Robert P. & Garber, Peter M., 1984. "Collapsing exchange-rate regimes : Some linear examples," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 1-13, August.
- Samuel Kortum, 1994. "A Model of Research, Patenting, and Productivity Growth," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 37, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eijffinger Sylvester C. W. & Goderis Benedikt, 2007.
"Currency Crises, Monetary Policy and Corporate Balance Sheets,"
German Economic Review, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 309-343, August.
- Sylvester C. W. Eijffinger & Benedikt Goderis, 2007. "Currency Crises, Monetary Policy and Corporate Balance Sheets," German Economic Review, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(3), pages 309-343, August.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel‐Cristian Voia, 2019.
"Empirics of currency crises: A duration analysis approach,"
Review of Financial Economics, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(3), pages 428-449, July.
- Mohammad Karimi & Marcel-Cristian Voia, 2011. "Empirics of Currency Crises: A Duration Analysis Approach," Carleton Economic Papers 11-11, Carleton University, Department of Economics.
- Dorsainvil, Kathleen, 2001. "The parallel market as a policy instrument in collapsing exchange rate regimes," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 27-43.
- Karl Whelan, 2013. "Sovereign default and the euro," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(3), pages 478-501, AUTUMN.
- Otker, Inci & Pazarbasioglu, Ceyla, 1997. "Speculative attacks and macroeconomic fundamentals: evidence from some European currencies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 847-860, April.
- Safdar Ullah Khan & Omar Farooq Saqib, 2008. "An Analysis of Pakistan's Vulnerability to Crisis," SBP Working Paper Series 21, State Bank of Pakistan, Research Department.
- Peria, Maria Soledad Martinez, 1999. "A regime - switching approach to studying speculative attacks : focus on European Monetary System crises," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2132, The World Bank.
- André Cartapanis & Vincent Dropsy & Sophie Mametz, 2002. "The Asian Currency Crises: Vulnerability, Contagion, or Unsustainability," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 79-91, February.
- Piersanti, Giovanni, 2012. "The Macroeconomic Theory of Exchange Rate Crises," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199653126.
- Giancarlo Marini & Giovanni Piersanti, 2012. "Models of Speculative Attacks and Crashes in International Capital Markets," CEIS Research Paper 245, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 24 Jul 2012.
- Carrera, Jose M., 1999. "Speculative attacks to currency target zones: A market microstructure approach," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 555-582, December.
- Joseph Aschheim & Costas Christou & P. Swamy & George Tavlas, 1996. "A random coefficient model of speculative attacks: The case of the Mexican peso," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 553-571, March.
- Inci Ötker & Ceyla Pazarbaşioĝlu, 1996.
"Speculative attacks and currency crises: The Mexican experience,"
Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 535-552, March.
- Ceyla Pazarbasioglu & Ms. Inci Ötker, 1995. "Speculative Attacks and Currency Crises: The Mexican Experience," IMF Working Papers 1995/112, International Monetary Fund.
- Fernando A. Ribeiro Soares & Mauricio Barata de Paula Pinto & Tito Belchior Silva Moreira, 2010. "An alternative methodology for testing currency crises resulting from imbalances in macroeconomic fundamentals," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(13), pages 1051-1056.
- Pazarbasioglu, Ceyla & Otker, Inci, 1997. "Likelihood versus timing of speculative attacks: A case study of Mexico," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 837-845, April.
- Patrick Artus & Claude Jessua, 1996. "La spéculation," Revue Économique, Programme National Persée, vol. 47(3), pages 409-424.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2013.
"Financial Crises: Explanations, Types and Implications,"
CAMA Working Papers
2013-06, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan, 2013. "Financial Crises: Explanations, Types, and Implications," CEPR Discussion Papers 9329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mr. Ayhan Kose & Mr. Stijn Claessens, 2013. "Financial Crises Explanations, Types, and Implications," IMF Working Papers 2013/028, International Monetary Fund.
- Patrick Artus, 1992. "Passage à l'union économique et monétaire en Europe : effets sur la croissance et les politiques budgétaires," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 106(5), pages 123-137.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1988.
"Stabilization in high inflation countries: Analytical foundations and recent experience,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 9-84, January.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Leiderman, Leonardo, 1987. "Stabilization in High Inflation Countries; Analytical Foundations and Recent Experinece," Foerder Institute for Economic Research Working Papers 275427, Tel-Aviv University > Foerder Institute for Economic Research.
- Ari, Ali, 2008.
"An Early Warning Signals Approach for Currency Crises: The Turkish Case,"
25858, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Ali ARI, 2009. "An Early Warning Signals Approach to the Currency Crises: The Turkish Case," 2009 Meeting Papers 1045, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:deveco:v:54:y:1997:i:2:p:387-404. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/devec .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.