Modelo Input-Output de Agua. Análisis de las relaciones intersectoriales de agua en Andalucía
The aim of this work is to demonstrate the relationships between an economy’s productive sectors and the water consumption generated during productive processes. The methodology used is a water input-output model. We obtain this model combining the Leontief’s model and the Proops’ energy model. We study the andalusian reality, a region of southern Spain characterized by water scarcity, and we will examine whether excessive dependence on water resources which, may occur in some productive sectors, might affect not only the conservation and quality of this resource, but also have negative effects upon the solidity of the economy itself. In other words, we tried to detect the sectors that more amount of water consume, direct and indirect form, and we analyse if this factor could limit the economic growth of the region. This model allow us to distinguish between direct and indirect water consumption and this difference can be used like a factor of saved water policy. In the same way, the model permit us to make simulations in order to determinate the new level of consume when a rule is applied and its consequences on regional economy.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (34) 955 055 210
Fax: (34) 955 055 211
Web page: http://www.centrodeestudiosandaluces.es
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Antonio Morillas & Elías Melchor & J Marcos Castro, 2005. "Análisis dinámico de los efectos de la estructura de demanda sobre crecimiento y medio ambiente en Andalucía," Urban/Regional 0512003, EconWPA.
- Antonio Manresa & Ferran Sancho & Josep Maria Vegara, 1998. "Measuring Commodities' Commodity Content," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 357-365.
- Hawdon, David & Pearson, Peter, 1995. "Input-output simulations of energy, environment, economy interactions in the UK," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Alcantara, Vicent & Roca, Jordi, 1995. "Energy and CO2 emissions in Spain : Methodology of analysis and some results for 1980-1990," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 221-230, July.
- Forsund, Finn R., 1985. "Input-output models, national economic models, and the environment," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 325-341 Elsevier.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cea:doctra:e2003_01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Teresa Rodríguez)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.