La Teoría de Grafos aplicada al estudio del consumo sectorial de agua en Andalucía
The aim of this work is to demonstrate the relationships established between an economy’s productive sectors and the water consumption generated during their productive processes. We study de Andalusian reality, region of the South Spain characterized by its scarcity, and we will examine if the excessive dependence on water resources which may occur in some productive sectors might affect not only the conservation and quality of this resource, but also have negative effects upon the stability of the economy itself. A mixed methodology has been used, combining Input-Output analysis with Graphs Theory. We obtain a water Input-Output model and an interrelationship matrix which is analysed by Graphs Theory. The main conclusion is that Andalusian’s economic specialisation does not make a positive contribution to water conservation and, moreover, that the regional economy’s sustainability might be seriously endangered if the authorities do not take into account water limitations in their economic policy.
|Date of creation:||2003|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: c/ Bailén 50. 41001 Sevilla|
Phone: (34) 955 055 210
Fax: (34) 955 055 211
Web page: http://www.centrodeestudiosandaluces.es
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hawdon, David & Pearson, Peter, 1995. "Input-output simulations of energy, environment, economy interactions in the UK," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 73-86, January.
- Esther Velázquez Alonso, 2003. "Modelo Input-Output de Agua. Análisis de las relaciones intersectoriales de agua en Andalucía," Economic Working Papers at Centro de Estudios Andaluces E2003/01, Centro de Estudios Andaluces.
- Antonio Manresa & Ferran Sancho & Josep Maria Vegara, 1998. "Measuring Commodities' Commodity Content," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 357-365.
- Forsund, Finn R., 1985. "Input-output models, national economic models, and the environment," Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, in: A. V. Kneese† & J. L. Sweeney (ed.), Handbook of Natural Resource and Energy Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 325-341 Elsevier.
- Antonio Morillas & Elías Melchor & J Marcos Castro, 2005. "Análisis dinámico de los efectos de la estructura de demanda sobre crecimiento y medio ambiente en Andalucía," Urban/Regional 0512003, EconWPA.
- Antonio Morillas, 2005. "Aplicación de la teoría de grafos al estudio de los cambios en las relaciones intersectoriales de la economía andaluza en la década de los 80," Urban/Regional 0512001, EconWPA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cea:doctra:e2003_15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Susana Mérida)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.