Does Transit Mean Business? Reconciling academic, organizational, and political perspectives on Reforming Transit Fare Policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Taylor, Brian D., 2004. "The politics of congestion mitigation," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 299-302, July.
- Dur, Robert A J, 2001.
"Why Do Policy Makers Stick to Inefficient Decisions?,"
Springer, vol. 107(3-4), pages 221-234, June.
- Robert A.J. Dur, 1999. "Why Do Policy Makers Stick to Inefficient Decisions?," Public Economics 9906002, EconWPA.
- Robert A.J. Dur, 1999. "Why do Policy Makers stick to Inefficient Decisions?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 99-050/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Knetsch, Jack L & Thaler, Richard H, 1990. "Experimental Tests of the Endowment Effect and the Coase Theorem," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(6), pages 1325-1348, December.
- Janet A. Weiss, 1982. "Coping with complexity: An experimental study of public policy decision-making," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(1), pages 66-87.
- Vrooman, David M., 1978. "Theory of the firm under subsidy: A behavioral viewpoint," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 1-10.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Ian Jewitt & Jean Tirole, 1999.
"The Economics of Career Concerns, Part II: Application to Missions and Accountability of Government Agencies,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 66(1), pages 199-217.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Ian Jewitt & Jean Tirole, 1999. "The economics of career concerns: part 2 :application to missions and accountability of government agencies," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9641, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ongkittikul, Sumet & Geerlings, Harry, 2006. "Opportunities for innovation in public transport: Effects of regulatory reforms on innovative capabilities," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 283-293, July.
- Jianling Li & Martin Wachs, 2004. "The effects of federal transit subsidy policy on investment decisions: The case of San Francisco's Geary Corridor," Transportation, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 43-67, February.
- Howitt, Peter & Wintrobe, Ronald, 1995. "The political economy of inaction," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 329-353, March.
- Flam, Harry & Persson, Torsten & Svensson, Lars E. O., 1983. "Optimal subsidies to declining industries : Efficiency and equity considerations," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 327-345, December.
- Clare Leaver, 2009. "Bureaucratic Minimal Squawk Behavior: Theory and Evidence from Regulatory Agencies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 572-607, June.
- Fielding, Gordon J., 1992. "Transit performance evaluation in the U.S.A," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 483-491, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEngineering; public transit; transit fares; variable fare structure; smartcards;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:uctcwp:qt6dv295b7. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/itucbus.html .